Options

BOOK: Window Seat by Julieanne Kost

Tutorials and ReviewsTutorials and Reviews Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 138
edited May 18, 2005 in Book and Gear Reviews
[imgr]http://dgrin.smugmug.com/photos/i-N8QPHJT/0/S/i-N8QPHJT-S.jpg[/imgr]Window Seat: The Art of Digital Photography and Creative Thinking

Book by Julieanne Kost, review by ian408

Julieanne Kost uses her shots from the window seat of an airplane as examples in a discussion of photography and the creative thought process.

Surprisingly, the book has more photographs than I would have thought. Many are of places I recognize from my own travels around the country in the window seat.

The author starts out with a list of things that contribute to the creative process. Such things as mastering the tools, being open to things that come your way and my favorite, sharing what you know and learning from others.

From there, we learn about the desire to be creative given the demands of travel and subsequently through the process of creating a book.

The appendix does give information on data management and some on editing in PS but otherwise, this is not a book that will teach you step-by-step how to be creative. I found it useful to contemplate some of the things in the first chapters as I looked at the photographs in the book (I would guess the book is maybe eighty five percent pictures).

I enjoyed the book. It's a quick read and you'll enjoy looking at the pictures as you think about the creative process.