Options

BOOK: Building your Photography Business by Vik Orenstein

Tutorials and ReviewsTutorials and Reviews Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 138
edited May 18, 2005 in Book and Gear Reviews
[imgr]http://dgrin.smugmug.com/photos/i-C9LnKJn/0/S/i-C9LnKJn-S.jpg[/imgr]Building your Photography Business

Book by Vik Orenstein, review by catspaw

I admit my first impressions of this book were not all that great. However, the author has a great conversational tone that leads well into teaching and making the reader think and absorb the ideas.

This is probably one of the essential books for anyone getting into, or considering, photography as a business. The chapters cover almost all possible aspects of starting a business and cover them well, if not in deep detail. There are specialty books out there for marketing help, pricing, legal issues, etc.

Some of the key winning points on this book are that the author focuses in very well on what really IS important when starting up a new business. She lays out the important aspects that need to catch the mind of a new business person and make sure you focus in on these.

Excellent starting point for anyone considering going 'pro' or who has realized that their hobby is hitting official business levels.