Options

BOOK: Photoshop LAB Color by Dan Margulis

Tutorials and ReviewsTutorials and Reviews Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 138
edited May 18, 2005 in Book and Gear Reviews
[imgr]http://dgrin.smugmug.com/photos/i-RbXXKw5/0/S/i-RbXXKw5-S.png[/imgr]Photoshop LAB Color: The Canyon Conundrum and Other Adventures in the Most Powerful Colorspace

Book by Dan Margulis, review by Rutt

Dan is the living grandmaster of digital color correction and enhancement. He has approached the topic as both a scientist and artist, has constantly innovated, and has written on the topic with enormous and increasing lucidity. Anyone who wants to get good at using photoshop to make both color and black and white images look better and more realistic can peruse no better path than to read his books and try to master some of his ideas and techniques. Unfortunately this can't be seen as a short or even a finite process. Dan challenges his readers to really understand color both in theory as well as in practice. The reward is true understanding, independent of any recipe which can be applied though a variety of tools as appropriate. Plus I find Dan's writing a gas to read. He writes well and has a wonderful dry sense of humor which makes the inevitable second reading a pleasure.

[thread="18203"]This thread[/thread] also discusses this book.