Options

BOOK: Pricing Photography by Michal Heron and David MacTavish

Tutorials and ReviewsTutorials and Reviews Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 138
edited May 18, 2005 in Book and Gear Reviews
[imgr]http://dgrin.smugmug.com/photos/i-7Ngc7HP/0/S/i-7Ngc7HP-S.jpg[/imgr]Pricing Photography: An Essential Reference for Photographers, Art Directors and Graphic Designers

Book by Michal Heron and David MacTavish, review by catspaw

This could easily be subtitled 'the art of not unpricing yourself', since that is the main focus of the book. From helping you calculate your overhead, negotiation tactics and styles, handling cancel charges and other related areas, this book covers the solid basics any photographer should know. Whether you are a business person or not, the most harm you can do is underselling yourself and letting the buyer control all arrangements. Experienced or not, this book helps you find the numbers you need to stand on as well as how to put forth a professional businesslike face regardless of your degree of negotiating experience. For the price, you'll easily make the money you spent back when you know the right numbers to sell yourself at.

Andy says: "The definitive book on answering the question, "what should I charge?""