WHOA!!!! I Want One Of These

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited June 6, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
You may remember a while back when I showed you a beautiful maroon 2000 Buick Blackhawk produced by GM. As a carryover to that initiative,
GM has released this stunning car....a 2011 Cadillac LaSalle C-Hawk.
It is an interpretation of GM designer Harley Earl's 1939 LaSalle. Earl's design work influenced GM's production long after his passing.

This design successfully incorporates magnificent styling, reminiscent of glory days long gone, with modern running gear and appointments. The car has a folding hardtop, modern suspension and interior.....and plenty of performance. It employs the 6.2 liter supercharged engine Cadillac uses in their CTS-V model, putting out 556 HP.

Amelia-2011-1-254-X2.jpg

Amelia-2011-1-258-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2011
    Hi, Can just picture it ticking along Rodeo Drive. Brave man parking it on a downhill slope to a lake - Oh, just spotted he is using a 'state of the art' wheel chock :D

Cheers, Richard.
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2011
    My friend, that is one real piece of steel art for me! Thank you very much for sharing this beauty to us mortals. Hahaha! Kind regards my friend. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbeer.gifclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2011
    But if you came to pick us all up for a ride we'd not all fit :cry

Nice car tho ... very stylish with some cool hubcaps.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 2, 2011
    Wow! Nice to see a bit of daring from GM. Maybe there's hope.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Hi, Can just picture it ticking along Rodeo Drive. Brave man parking it on a downhill slope to a lake - Oh, just spotted he is using a 'state of the art' wheel chock :D

Cheers, Richard.

Thanks for looking in, Richard. I laughed at his wheel chock myself. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited June 2, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    My friend, that is one real piece of steel art for me! Thank you very much for sharing this beauty to us mortals. Hahaha! Kind regards my friend. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbeer.gifclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif

You're absolutely right, brother. A car like this represents a vein of art at its finest. It's an added bonus that you can ride around in it.:D

Take care,

Tom
    edited June 2, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    But if you came to pick us all up for a ride we'd not all fit :cry

Nice car tho ... very stylish with some cool hubcaps.

Now don't you fret too much, Mary. When the time comes that we all get together....and it WILL come....I'll arrange for some wheels for us that will be most fitting for the occasion.

Tom
    edited June 2, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Wow! Nice to see a bit of daring from GM. Maybe there's hope.

Thanks for looking in, Richard.

I wish there was hope. GM, as well as all the other manufacturers, has plenty of talent and capacity to produce cars of this ilk. Sadly, government regulations....and economic realities of the market....preclude the advent of one of these beauties sitting in our garage. More's the pity, but, like you, I can dream about it and wish it were different.

Tom
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    Now don't you fret too much, Mary. When the time comes that we all get together....and it WILL come....I'll arrange for some wheels for us that will be most fitting for the occasion.

Tom

Looking forward to seeing what kind of 'wheels' you chose :D
  • woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    I hope it's just coincidence that none of the pictures show any folks of the younger generation admiring this beauty. ne_nau.gif
    Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan
    edited June 2, 2011
    woellerd wrote: »
    I hope it's just coincidence that none of the pictures show any folks of the younger generation admiring this beauty. ne_nau.gif

You know, Dave, until you brought that subject up, I've never really thought about it. Fact is, you see very few kids at these high-end shows which tend to feature more of the vintage stuff. Shows which feature hot rods seem to attract a much younger crowd. Also, the $50 charge to get into a show like Amelia keeps most kids away.

Take care,

Tom
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited June 2, 2011
    Pretty darn cool, Tom. Great shots. Who would have thought GM would sponsor a car like this in this day and age? ne_nau.gif Your posts are always an education in car history. thumb.gif
    edited June 2, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Pretty darn cool, Tom. Great shots. Who would have thought GM would sponsor a car like this in this day and age? ne_nau.gif Your posts are always an education in car history. thumb.gif

Thanks for the kind words, Joel.

It's a shame that the automotive designers of the day have so many constraints on them when it comes to artistic freedoms. I truly believe that car companies often indulge in these concept vehicles just so that their design staffs have projects to keep their creative juices flowing.

Take care buddy,

Tom
  • DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    When you buy one, buy 2 so I can have one too :D
    edited June 2, 2011

Tom

I'll drive the Galaxie... 3 in the front seat, 3 in the back and 10 in the trunk thumb.gif
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    :D I can still afford to look. Best I can do.
    Michael
    edited June 2, 2011
    DJT wrote: »
    I'll drive the Galaxie... 3 in the front seat, 3 in the back and 10 in the trunk thumb.gif

rolleyes1.gifroflHell, David. I think you have the answer.

Makes me think of the time in 1957 when I tried to sneak 5 buddies into the drive-in theater in the trunk of my '55 Chevy. I had dual glass-pack mufflers ( Cherry Bombs ) on that thing. Lucky those guys weren't asphyxiated on the way to the theater. As it was, I think two of them went temporarily deaf. We got busted at the ticket booth. The ticket guy said my rear bumper nearly dragging the ground was a dead giveaway.

Tom
    edited June 2, 2011
    rolleyes1.gifroflHell, David. I think you have the answer.

Makes me think of the time in 1957 when I tried to sneak 5 buddies into the drive-in theater in the trunk of my '55 Chevy. I had dual glass-pack mufflers ( Cherry Bombs ) on that thing. Lucky those guys weren't asphyxiated on the way to the theater. As it was, I think two of them went temporarily deaf. We got busted at the ticket booth. The ticket guy said my rear bumper nearly dragging the ground was a dead giveaway.

Tom

Sounds like a plan... AND while we're all in the Galaxie, we'll go to the Drive-in that is about 15 minutes away from town thumb.gif Tho, someone will need to bring a radio so we can pull in the movie on FM 87.7 (only have AM on the car). I'll be getting new springs on the rear soon, so possibly we won't get busted.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    Howdy Tom,

As always, you find and shoot the neatest things.

I would have never thought that this was being manufactured
    now. Kudos to them for their Craftsmanship and Style.

Thanks for sharing, it's always so enlightening.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited June 2, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    :D I can still afford to look. Best I can do.

Same here, my friend.

Take care,

Tom
    edited June 2, 2011
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Tom,

As always, you find and shoot the neatest things.

I would have never thought that this was being manufactured
    now. Kudos to them for their Craftsmanship and Style.

Thanks for sharing, it's always so enlightening.

Howdy Craig,

I hope I haven't mislead you. As far as I know, the car you see has been the only one made. It is purely a design exercize....commonly called a concept car....and was never intended to be a production model. Sometimes these concept cars don't even run. However, this one does.

Your offer of kudos to GM should still stand though, because this car shows that not all of Detroit has gone brain dead.

Take care,

Tom
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 3, 2011
    I hope I haven't mislead you. As far as I know, the car you see has been the only one made. It is purely a design exercize....commonly called a concept car....and was never intended to be a production model. Sometimes these concept cars don't even run. However, this one does.
    Yeah, I figured that out after a little Googling. My wife wants one and I was just curious what the price is lol3.gif. Too bad they don't rush it into production...it would blow Mercedes and Lexus out of the water for those with unlimited money. The rest of us could just take pictures of them. mwink.gif
  • CleachCleach Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 6, 2011
    Tom, first of all, great pics! But however I wanted to set the record straight. This car wasn't produced by GM. It was designed & built by Steve Pasteiner who owns Advanced Automotive Technologies in Rochester Hills Michigan. He was a past designer for GM. He was the one who designed and built the Buick Blackhawk as well. The car boasts electric windows, top, didgital gauges, A/C and navigation. It truly is a piece of art. After its birth just outside of Detroit, its now resting in Northern Idaho in my fathers garage!thumb.gif
    edited June 6, 2011
    Cleach wrote: »
    Tom, first of all, great pics! But however I wanted to set the record straight. This car wasn't produced by GM. It was designed & built by Steve Pasteiner who owns Advanced Automotive Technologies in Rochester Hills Michigan. He was a past designer for GM. He was the one who designed and built the Buick Blackhawk as well. The car boasts electric windows, top, didgital gauges, A/C and navigation. It truly is a piece of art. After its birth just outside of Detroit, its now resting in Northern Idaho in my fathers garage!thumb.gif

Thanks for the kind words.

I was aware that Advanced Automotive Technologies actually constructed this car....and, as you point out, they also did the Blackhawk. With these type cars, you'll often find one concern listed as the producer with another firm identified as the manufacturer, if such is the case. And, in this case, it was. AAT does quite a bit of this specialty design and development work for the OEM groups.

At he show, your folks were listed as the exhibitors ( owners ) of the car. Tell me, do they drive it very much?

Thanks for looking in,

Tom
  • CleachCleach Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 6, 2011
    We just got back last Tues from Michigan picking it up. Almost 5ooo miles in 5 days. Not too shabby. The old man had plenty of time to watch World War II movies in the truck on his laptop! He's been cruising it lots already, weather permitting. Already had it in one car show in Post Falls Idaho and is loading it up tomorrow to take it to Oregon for another show. He just retired after 40 years in law enforcement and can gaurantee he'll be driving/showing it lots. If your ever in the Couerd'Alene Idaho area look him up and I'm sure he'd love to take you for a cruise! Keep up the good work......

Charlie