Add a password to a photo

willernewwillernew Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited June 3, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Next week I'll be shooting a sport event, It is going to be something huge and I will be taking pictures of people with some models. My idea is to charge every people a certain amount of money before i take the pic and then i'll give them a password so they will be able to download the images from my smugmug. there is anyway to do something like that?? thanks

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    Hi, you can password the gallery, but not an individual photo. Will that do?
  • willernewwillernew Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 2, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi, you can password the gallery, but not an individual photo. Will that do?
    the problem is that one of my costumers will be able to download more than one photo with just one password.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    willernew wrote: »
    Next week I'll be shooting a sport event, It is going to be something huge and I will be taking pictures of people with some models. My idea is to charge every people a certain amount of money before i take the pic and then i'll give them a password so they will be able to download the images from my smugmug. there is anyway to do something like that?? thanks
    You will have to make a gallery with it's own password for each person.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • oceanthrstyoceanthrsty Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2011
    Another thought may be to generate a coupon for each person. This way when they pay you, they get a coupon code that can only be used once. This way they can browse the pictures and then use the coupon toward a purchase of a print/download.