Molly - 2 months old.

Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
edited June 4, 2011 in People
Had a fun shoot with 2 month old Molly last night.

I'm still trying to learn how to shoot babies so please give me as much constructive feedback as possible.

Thanks smile.gif

Molly-1.jpg

Molly-2.jpg

Molly-3.jpg

Molly-4.jpg

Molly-5.jpg

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

Comments

• littlebayzombielittlebayzombie Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    That baby is TERRIFIED!

I like 'em. Y'know, if you hadn't gathered that from the above. What a cutie, and so expressive!
    ♥ Jenifer
    I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building. - Charles M. Schulz
  • Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    Terrified? I agree that in 4 she looks a bit scared but generally this was just her.

She is certainly cute and with great eyes, I didn't really have to do anything to make them pop.

Thanks for checking in :)

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    I think you did a great job especially with a two month old. Skin tones might be a little pink but at times they are. On the high key try raising your black just a tad and maybe in levels move the middle slider a little to one side or the other to see what you might get. Love the eyes.

How close was the baby to the background. Looks like the baby might have been too close to the bkg and you've got some spill going on.
  • ZetZet Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    I think the white is too bright. I don't like pose 4, I think she is too big for that pose. The pictures look very good though and you did a great job catching the light in her eyes.
    edited June 2, 2011
    Mark1616 wrote: »
    Terrified? I agree that in 4 she looks a bit scared but generally this was just her.

Yes, although I think you might have taken what was a tongue in cheek comment a bit seriously. :)
    ♥ Jenifer
    I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building. - Charles M. Schulz
    edited June 3, 2011
    Hackbone wrote: »
    I think you did a great job especially with a two month old. Skin tones might be a little pink but at times they are. On the high key try raising your black just a tad and maybe in levels move the middle slider a little to one side or the other to see what you might get. Love the eyes.

How close was the baby to the background. Looks like the baby might have been too close to the bkg and you've got some spill going on.

Thanks, will give that a bash. With the background this was on location at the family house so working in less than ideal space so you are right about the spill off the background.

edited June 3, 2011
    Zet wrote: »
    I think the white is too bright. I don't like pose 4, I think she is too big for that pose. The pictures look very good though and you did a great job catching the light in her eyes.

It's true about the pose, the parents wanted it, we tried it, wasn't the best.

Which white are you looking at that is too bright so I can check it out?

edited June 3, 2011
    Yes, although I think you might have taken what was a tongue in cheek comment a bit seriously. :)

It's cool, sometimes hard to tell on a forum if someone is serious or not..... that's why I avoid DPreview, too many getting the wrong end of the stick and then going crazy etc.

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2011
    looks like you did a fine job to me! very cute stuff
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited June 4, 2011
    Mark1616 wrote: »
    It's cool, sometimes hard to tell on a forum if someone is serious or not..... that's why I avoid DPreview, too many getting the wrong end of the stick and then going crazy etc.

S'all good! thumb.gif
    ♥ Jenifer