BBstringerBBstringer Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
edited June 5, 2011 in People
...and an adorable model...
Rach10BW-XL.jpg

Rach5BW-XL.jpg

Rach6BW-XL.jpg

Rach7BW-XL.jpg

Rach9BW-XL.jpg

While I love B/W...couldn't pass up a chance to show her eye color..
Rach10-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2011
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2011
    Love #2 esp with the grain.
  • BBstringerBBstringer Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2011
    Thank you both for your kind words. Very much appreciated.
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2011
    Excellent work, beautiful model. I love the b&w but after seeing that last one would like to see more color if you've got them to show.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2011
    I like the relaxed, unpretentious, friendly vibes the girl projects. The more contrasty b&w appeal to me. I think the background of #1 is the most successful, it competes less with the model, while creating a soft abstract and contrasting framing. The definition of her features is more to my liking in this one, too, and in the last. Some of the others approach a kind of white silhouette. The repetition of the same diagonal-from-bottom-right posing-framing, and a similar expression in the model's face, and slight below-eye-level pov, in each, becomes detracting, I think, when all of them are together like this.

She is a model with potential to explore many possibilities, eg with hair, and with the posing of the face. Hope you take advantage of that, and show us, of course!thumb.gif

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • BBstringerBBstringer Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2011
    More...
    Thanks for all the great input....
    Didn't mean to mislead by the term "Model"...at least in a professional sense. This is my niece and we took a quick opportunity of about 10 minutes to take theses shots in the middle of the day while we were painting the house. You know how it is...have to grab the light when you have it. The description of her is quite dead on though...brilliant student and very easy going and confident...

Just a couple others...

Rach11-XL.jpg

Rach12-XL.jpg

Rach13-XL.jpg

Maybe I can pull her away from her busy schedule to take more than 10 minutes some time. :D
  • JabfingerJabfinger Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2011
    Beautiful smile.