Options

Mona

sharagim1sharagim1 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
edited June 10, 2011 in Weddings
any advice and suggection would be much useful.

camera : 5d markll
lens: 70-200,2.8ll
F4
time: 1/200
ISO: 400
focal lentch: 70mm
canon EOS 7D /canon 5d mark ll/ EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM/EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM/ canon lens 85mm 1.8

Comments

• Options
    babowcbabowc Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2011
    For what it's worth from an amateur.. I think the picture has too much softening.
    -Mike Jin
    D800
    16/2.8, f1.4G primes, f2.8 trio, 105/200 macro, SB900.
    It never gets easier, you just get better.
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2011
    babowc wrote: »
    For what it's worth from an amateur.. I think the picture has too much softening.

thanks for encourage me, i"m not even amatour,
    i"m so happy some proffational photographer like you still
    available,
    canon EOS 7D /canon 5d mark ll/ EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM/EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM/ canon lens 85mm 1.8
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2011
    The color is no where near what a sepia toned photo should look like if you were going for that effect. This is way too yellow/golden. If you want a sepia look you need to tone it down a lot. Though at this point to salvage it, black and white would probably be better.

The groom isn't even looking at the camera, which really detracts the attention in the photo... and only the brides face appears to be in focus, I'm a bit distracted and disturbed that her body appears so soft and blurry. Also not a big fan of the feet being chopped off.
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2011
    Shima wrote: »
    The color is no where near what a sepia toned photo should look like if you were going for that effect. This is way too yellow/golden. If you want a sepia look you need to tone it down a lot. Though at this point to salvage it, black and white would probably be better.

The groom isn't even looking at the camera, which really detracts the attention in the photo... and only the brides face appears to be in focus, I'm a bit distracted and disturbed that her body appears so soft and blurry. Also not a big fan of the feet being chopped off.

thanks shima for your some explain, that"s right , and actually the orginal image is much better than this, (after some process in photoshop for use some soft focus),
    i"m working on for get much better result,
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2011
    sorry, I am goin gto be blunt here..nothing works for me here except the lovely smile on the brides face. you have massive blown highlights (white areas lose all detail), clipped blacks (blakc areas lose all detail), the montone processing is way too dark and leave everything looing muddy, finally the image is very very soft.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »
    sorry, I am goin gto be blunt here..nothing works for me here except the lovely smile on the brides face. you have massive blown highlights (white areas lose all detail), clipped blacks (blakc areas lose all detail), the montone processing is way too dark and leave everything looing muddy, finally the image is very very soft.

thanks for your comment and your time,
    i just to say the orginal image isn"t soft ,but when i want to learn one of the photoshop tutorial (soft focus subject) that effect in my image like this,
    now i understand and and i will fix it, again thanks
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2011
    i'm with Qarik...
    though, her smile flat out scares me. The pic would do well being an ad for some black humor, low budget movie.
    the image feels underexposed by a good bit. Blacks are taking over the image.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 686 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2011
    Post the original image. lets take a look at what your tutorial had you do. This image, tho not the most pleasing, may be salvageable.