Doug and Caitie (first post!)

mjordanphotomjordanphoto Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
edited June 7, 2011 in People
Hi all - I've been stalking the forums for a while now, but I figured it was time to sign up and start interacting! It's clear there are some insanely talented photographers on here, and I love how generous everyone is with feedback.

Anyway, my best friend came to visit me down in Alexandria, VA with his girlfriend, and I had to take that opportunity to take some shots of them as we had a great weekend hanging out and exploring DC/Old Town.

C&C is welcome, obviously that's how we all get better at this!

DougCaitieAlexandriaPortrait7-M.jpg

DougCaitieAlexandriaPortrait8-M.jpg

DougCaitieAlexandriaPortrait2-M.jpg

DougCaitieAlexandriaPortrait6-M.jpg

DougCaitieAlexandriaPortrait4-M.jpg

Comments

• ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2011
    Glad you've posted your first post!! I absolutely love your colors and focus, and number 3 is my favorite! Great shot! Number 5 isn't very flattering - her shirt makes her belly look bigger and their arms seems super long. But otherwise great first post!
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2011
    Welcome! Really like 1, 3, and 4.
  • LDLELDLE Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 7, 2011
    I agree that 1, 3, and 4 are great. You really caught their affection for each other.
  • mjordanphotomjordanphoto Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback everyone - I really appreciate it.

Scootersbabygirl - Thanks for pointing that out about #5 - I really didn't notice the effect of the shirt until you pointed it out. That's something I'll pay attention to going forward. I personally don't mind the arm length, but I'd be interested to hear if others feel the same way about it!

It seems there's a general consensus that 1-3-4 are the best - any thoughts on #2? (or any more critiques of #5, or any of the others?) Thanks again for all the input!
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2011
    welcome to dgrin..nice 1st post. well exposed, cleanly framed, well processed, and you captured a lot of emotion..what more could you ask for?
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com