Options

MG #12 The Door I Should Have Shot :doh

sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
edited June 5, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Today's aha moment. I was editing a candid photo that I took at a family event last Sunday. Looking at the door in the background, I realized that I missed a great opportunity for a glorious photo of a weathered door! This is just a snippet from that image to show the weathering - not an entry kind of image. I tend to think of it bathed in gold as the sun is setting and reflecting the sky so hadn't thought of it before. Hadn't seen it as that weathered. Must have had blinders on last Sunday though. lol sigh

Cheers,
Gretchen

i-gmBW4Zk-S.jpg

Comments

• Options
    powderpowder Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2011
    oh well....yes, thart would've been a goodie. The forest for the trees, eh?
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2011
    That door begs to be photographed.....
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2011
    What a sweet door!
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited June 5, 2011
    I'm still working on getting a good shot of this door, but here's how I tend to picture it in my mind's eye. Looking closely, I can see signs of weathering but it doesn't jump out at you like it does in the other shot. At a certain time of year, the setting sun reflects beautifully in the glass. This is a quick shot I took in February, but it's still not even close to what I've saw once when I didn't have my photography gear with me....

i-Ffw8DGF-M.jpg