AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited June 10, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Shot at the Phoenix Botanical Garden

Botanical-G-2-yellow-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2011
    Awesome contrast on the colors and texture! I wonder why the flowers got too soft, Gary and the cactus thorns are the ones that got so sharp? :Dthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    Awesome contrast on the colors and texture! I wonder why the flowers got too soft, Gary and the cactus thorns are the ones that got so sharp? :Dthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif

Hi JIRO......Everything in the desert stings, stinks or sticks.....Kind of nice to have something that is soft.......rolleyes1.gif Thanks for dropping in and the comment........ gary:D
    edited June 6, 2011
    Now I got the reason why. thumb.gifmwink.gif

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2011
    Jiro tickled out my question nicely :D and the supporting answer arrived to explain it all lol3.gif I had a tangle with cactus thingy once and that was enough. Was sorta loosing focus as I was cleaning up my numerous wounds and enduring the pain. Heck of an unwelcome education.
    Michael
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2011
    Awesome exposure, I know how hard it is to shoot there in the intense sunlight!
    Canon Fan
    edited June 7, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Jiro tickled out my question nicely :D and the supporting answer arrived to explain it all lol3.gif I had a tangle with cactus thingy once and that was enough. Was sorta loosing focus as I was cleaning up my numerous wounds and enduring the pain. Heck of an unwelcome education.

Hi Michael......Thanks for dropping in and the comment......Getting tangled up with a cactus can put a dent in your day....The one I really hated was a Jumping Cholla.
    edited June 7, 2011
    Awesome exposure, I know how hard it is to shoot there in the intense sunlight!

Not often I shoot in the middle of the day.....I had a lot of losers.

THANKS FOR COMMENTING......:Dgary
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2011
    Good one, Gary.

Jiro.....not much mystery why the flowers are soft and the thorns aren't. The flowers are on a different plane of focus.....closer to the camera. A smaller F-stop ( larger number ) may have been called for in this case. Gary certainly had sufficient light to use a small F-stop and go for greater depth of field. That's, of course, unless he intentionally wanted soft flowers. I don't think he did.

Still a nice shot, though.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited June 7, 2011
    Being educated "by the book", I was actually into thinking that the yellow flowers are the main subject so I thought they should be the one to be in focus. But as Gary succinctly explained it, the contrast of soft flowers against the thorny background is a good explanation for me. :Dthumb.gif

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2011
    Ouch ... I like that you kept the 'thorns' as the focus point. When it comes to cactus .. it's all about the thorns :D
    edited June 10, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Ouch ... I like that you kept the 'thorns' as the focus point. When it comes to cactus .. it's all about the thorns :D

THANKS MARY KIM.......gary:D