Stars Within Stars

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited June 12, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
343396327_i2yBf-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2011
    Very nice! I like it when you go out of your common shots and surprises us with some very creative images such as this, Tom. I like how you kept the texture and the subtle colors with the exposure of the shot. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2011
    Tom, What an awesome flower !!! I have never seen the like. Guess I just
    don't get out enough :D This one you have around the house?
    Michael
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    Very nice! I like it when you go out of your common shots and surprises us with some very creative images such as this, Tom. I like how you kept the texture and the subtle colors with the exposure of the shot. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif

Thank you very much, kind sir. I don't want you guys to think that I'm totally one dimensional.:D

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited June 6, 2011
    iloveyou.gif
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Tom, What an awesome flower !!! I have never seen the like. Guess I just
    don't get out enough :D This one you have around the house?

Hey Michael,

The Genus name for this plant is HOYA. The Species name is COMPACTA. It's commonly referred to as a Hindu Rope Plant. This beautiful specimen hangs on my screened-in lanai. I've had it for over 15 years.

Tom
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2011
    iloveyou.gif

Hey Michael,

The Genus name for this plant is HOYA. The Species name is COMPACTA. It's commonly referred to as a Hindu Rope Plant. This beautiful specimen hangs on my screened-in lanai. I've had it for over 15 years.

Tom
    Nice to have the details Tom. Was so very curious. I got as far as Hoya when I went out to find a name, once I found a flower that looked like it. Didn't get a chance to dig in much more than that at the time.
    15 years is quite a span. Very cool you've been treated with such longevity with it. We just don't have the right weather to support such plants as this. Bit of a shame we have it that way. But I can't complain too loudly cause we are still blessed in the ways that we are.
    Michael
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2011
    I knew it!

I go out of town for just a bit, and look what I find you've posted...........

Flowers again :lol4

(very nice shot BTW!)
    Randy
    edited June 7, 2011
    rwells wrote: »
    I knew it!

I go out of town for just a bit, and look what I find you've posted...........

Flowers again :lol4

(very nice shot BTW!)

You sorry dog. You should be working and not snooping around on the computer. Damn. One little indiscretion and I'll be paying for it the rest of my life.rolleyes1.gif

Tom
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2011
    What a facinating texture! Very unexpected, and the colors are great too.
    Canon Fan
    edited June 7, 2011
    iloveyou.gif
    What a facinating texture! Very unexpected, and the colors are great too.

I, too, find this bloom to be fascinating. It's an intriguing plant all year long but, when it blooms, it is especially appealing. I think I've got half of my neighborhood growing a Hindu Rope from cuttings off of this very plant.

Thanks for looking in.

Tom
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2011
    This is really pretty. Almost doesn't look real - it's so detailed. Good work on flowers thumb.gif
    edited June 10, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    This is really pretty. Almost doesn't look real - it's so detailed. Good work on flowers thumb.gif

Hey Mary,

The intricacies of flowers never cease to amaze me. I inherited my green thumb from my Mom and I've always been thankful for that. As long as I'm able, I'll always be growing plants.

Tom
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2011
    Hey Mary,

The intricacies of flowers never cease to amaze me. I inherited my green thumb from my Mom and I've always been thankful for that. As long as I'm able, I'll always be growing plants.

Tom

It takes a very patient person to grow such beautiful flowers. My mother-in-law could grow anything and everything. Always amazed me.

Looking forward to seeing more photos of the wonderful flowers your growing.
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2011
    Hey Mary,

Tom

My wife has a black thumb. I used to kid her, when we lived up North,
    that I could send her out in the yard to touch and talk to the dandelions
    and save the cost of weed killer.

There is a rule in this house that if I bring home flowers, they must be
    cut flowers. No living plants. She is not a cruel person.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2011
    You sorry dog. You should be working and not snooping around on the computer. Damn. One little indiscretion and I'll be paying for it the rest of my life.rolleyes1.gif

Tom

If they smell of hot oil and exhaust you can be excused! Likewise if you composit them into a scene from a national park. mwink.gif ANYTHING but what has a hint of DISSENT!:D

Well done, Tom!

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
    edited June 11, 2011
    TonyCooper wrote: »
    My wife has a black thumb. I used to kid her, when we lived up North,
    that I could send her out in the yard to touch and talk to the dandelions
    and save the cost of weed killer.

There is a rule in this house that if I bring home flowers, they must be
    cut flowers. No living plants. She is not a cruel person.

OH NO!!! Not the dreaded " black thumb ". We had someone like that move into our neighborhood but we all banded together and drove them out....can't have anyone who kills plants hanging around.

Tom
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2011
    Morning Tom,

I don't think I've seen a plant with Flowers like that either, very nicely captured.

Had to laugh at "You Know Who's" reply !!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited June 11, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    If they smell of hot oil and exhaust you can be excused! Likewise if you composit them into a scene from a national park. mwink.gif ANYTHING but what has a hint of DISSENT!:D

Well done, Tom!

Neil

I guess I'm going to have to pay closer attention to the allowable boundaries from now on.:D

A " well done " from you means a lot, Neil.

Tom
    edited June 11, 2011
    Panther wrote: »
    Morning Tom,

I don't think I've seen a plant with Flowers like that either, very nicely captured.

Had to laugh at "You Know Who's" reply !!!

Thanks for the kind words, Craig.

I can't believe old " you know who " caught me. He's going to be unmerciful on me.

Take care my friend,

Tom
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words, Craig.

I can't believe old " you know who " caught me. He's going to be unmerciful on me.

Take care my friend,

Tom

blbl.gif
    Randy
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2011
    rwells wrote: »
    blbl.gif

isn't this a bit kind of,,, ummm,,, uhhm,,,, errr,,, "flowery",,,?mwink.gifrofl

peace!iloveyou.gif

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
    edited June 12, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    isn't this a bit kind of,,, ummm,,, uhhm,,,, errr,,, "flowery",,,?mwink.gifrofl

peace!iloveyou.gif

Neil

Now that I look at it closely, Neil, I believe you're absolutely correct in your interpretation. They say that the emoticons a person choses provide for an insightful peek into their psyche. Why, I think old " you know who " has conveyed a bit more to us than he intended. :D

Tom