Mansion of Sorts

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited June 10, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
With a bit of distortion. C&C appreciated. A few fun shots!

DSC3283d-XL.jpg

Just Because -

DSC3276c-XL.jpg

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2011
    I like the first shot. The distortion adds strength to the image. Although the white clouds areas are really white, its presence adds more contrast relative to the building. The b&w conversion is also very good! One small nit would be to clone out the small dark patch at the center and at the top right side of the building on the clouds as these two does not seem to help strengthen the image. thumb.gif As for the second one... priceless. :Drolleyes1.gif Nice work, Eia. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb clap.gifclapclap.gifclap
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2011
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Really like the effect of distortion on this shot thumb.gif
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    I like the first shot. The distortion adds strength to the image. Although the white clouds areas are really white, its presence adds more contrast relative to the building. The b&w conversion is also very good! One small nit would be to clone out the small dark patch at the center and at the top right side of the building on the clouds as these two does not seem to help strengthen the image. thumb.gif As for the second one... priceless. :Drolleyes1.gif Nice work, Eia. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb clap.gifclapclap.gifclap

Thanks for the kind comment jiro. Sky in the middle drives me nuts. The sun is just over the tip of the mansion so it is super bright! My PP skills are lacking and I don't know how to bring it down. Do you mean the small dark clouds when you 'nit'? I wonder if I toned down the cloud/spot on the left?
    edited June 9, 2011
    Eia wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind comment jiro. Sky in the middle drives me nuts. The sun is just over the tip of the mansion so it is super bright! My PP skills are lacking and I don't know how to bring it down. Do you mean the small dark clouds when you 'nit'? I wonder if I toned down the cloud/spot on the left?

Yup. Here's a quick edit if I may. I hope it's not offensive to you.

5814725963_81c594fb30_b.jpg

There's no definite solution to that issue although there are two possible solutions to that. One, wait for some more dramatic clouds to come over the building and take the shot. Two, use the threshold feature of Photoshop so you can make a good mask layer and then extract the building and the trees. Look for some dramatic skies on your archive or old image and then use it as your new background and then bring back the building as a transparent layer as the top layer. Voila! a composite image with a better cloud formation behind. :D

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    Yup. Here's a quick edit if I may. I hope it's not offensive to you.

5814725963_81c594fb30_b.jpg

There's no definite solution to that issue although there are two possible solutions to that. One, wait for some more dramatic clouds to come over the building and take the shot. Two, use the threshold feature of Photoshop so you can make a good mask layer and then extract the building and the trees. Look for some dramatic skies on your archive or old image and then use it as your new background and then bring back the building as a transparent layer as the top layer. Voila! a composite image with a better cloud formation behind. :D

Wow jiro that is a difference! I really appreciate that! Thanks for taking the time to do this. No offense taken, its how I learn and nothing better than a visual! iloveyou.gif really - I appreciate it!
    edited June 10, 2011
    Eia wrote: »
    Wow jiro that is a difference! I really appreciate that! Thanks for taking the time to do this. No offense taken, its how I learn and nothing better than a visual! iloveyou.gif really - I appreciate it!

beer.gif