WWII Reenactment: the stuff.

TropheusTropheus Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited June 10, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Hello All,
I posted most of my images in the People forum. As stated there, this was from last Memorial Day weekend show put on by the Texas Military Forces Museum at Camp Mabry in Austin, Texas. I really look forward to attending their next one in November. The actors were very forthcoming with being photographed and the club did a great job with authenticity. It was a unique experience for sure and I was surprised at how much I actually liked it.

1. Sign
BattalionSign.jpg

2. Pure Luck! A demo of a Mauser
BulletleavingMuzzle.jpg

3. Mic.
Mic.jpg

4. It was surreal to see the Nazi symbols everywhere. Especially when coupled with the fact that a lot of this really was used in the war.
NaziHelmetinHand.jpg

5. Hummers in a row.

VehiclesinaRow.jpg

Thanks for looking! Any C and C is appreciated.
JJ.
Question Authority.
Moderator: Trophs.com
Fish Geek

Comments

• M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2011
    The processing of #4 is beautiful. Very "authentic".
  • TropheusTropheus Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2011
    M38A1 wrote: »
    The processing of #4 is beautiful. Very "authentic".

Thanks!
    Question Authority.
    Fish Geek
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    My son was involved withWwIi re-enactments for years. I would follow along stealthy like to get photos of their battles. It was very interesting to watch. These are great. I can appreciate #2 and 4 is very authentic looking! thumb.gif
    edited June 9, 2011
    Eia wrote: »
    My son was involved withWwIi re-enactments for years. I would follow along stealthy like to get photos of their battles. It was very interesting to watch. These are great. I can appreciate #2 and 4 is very authentic looking! thumb.gif

I appreciate that! I noticed a few young men participating in the reenactment. I will be sure to give them a little more lens time in November. What a cool hobby for them: living history!
    JJ
    Question Authority.
    Fish Geek
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2011
    Tropheus wrote: »
    I appreciate that! I noticed a few young men participating in the reenactment. I will be sure to give them a little more lens time in November. What a cool hobby for them: living history!
    JJ

Yes...they would re-enact real battles - quite a learning experience! but, my son left the re-enactment after his teen years and joined the Army in real life last year! That is how much the re-enactment affected him!
    edited June 10, 2011
    Eia wrote: »
    Yes...they would re-enact real battles - quite a learning experience! but, my son left the re-enactment after his teen years and joined the Army in real life last year! That is how much the re-enactment affected him!

Please be sure to tell him I said "Thanks for serving our Country".
    Question Authority.
    Fish Geek