CH: 49 A possible snapshot?

Blue SnapshotsBlue Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
edited October 16, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Have been re-organizing my smugmug. Who knew that when you changed the name the file links would go bye-bye? I. Not. So. Smart. :scratch

Anyhoo… just took this during my next to last snaparooshoot that is part of one of my projects for the year. I promise…. No more barn yard critters from me. Does this work or is it technically pooffah? Have different shots. Laying in mud. Standing up. And standing (like this one) Should I enter it or just put in on a magnet and slap it on the frig? :D

39023938-O.jpg

Thanks for looking. Thanks in advance for any comments on the "other white meat". :rofl

Dan
:dunno
My Smugmug Snaps

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited October 7, 2005
    I think you are right on target here. You might want to do a bit of color adjustment before entering. On my monitor it looks a little washed out. LAB curve steepening? Anyway, great capture. thumb.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2005
    I agree with Richard. Definitely challenge worthy. thumb.gif It looks OK on my screen but a little pop wouldn't hurt. I would probably clone out the pink thingies on the upper right hand side of the screen as they distract without adding anything. And some might object to having the pig so centered in the photo. Good looking pig by the way. rolleyes1.gif

The subject this time is not as easy as it sounded when everyone voted -- which is par for the challenge. :D Congrats on coming up with a viable idea!

Good luck.

Va.

Email
  • Blue SnapshotsBlue Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2005
    Thanks Richard and gina'
    Flyinggina wrote:
    I agree with Richard. Definitely challenge worthy. thumb.gif It looks OK on my screen but a little pop wouldn't hurt. I would probably clone out the pink thingies on the upper right hand side of the screen as they distract without adding anything. And some might object to having the pig so centered in the photo. Good looking pig by the way. rolleyes1.gif

The subject this time is not as easy as it sounded when everyone voted -- which is par for the challenge. :D Congrats on coming up with a viable idea!

Good luck.

Va.
    I'm not sure my post processing skills are up to the level necessary to correct this shot, but I have a week or so to mess around with it. I was doing tripod stuff when I saw Miss Piggy do a kerplunk in the mud.... hmmmm... DIRTY!!! ... I thought. When pig stood up I saw her body awash with light and flipped the shutter speed.... in the wrong direction. rolleyes1.gif It's always something.

Not sure if this is a "better" shot to work with since Miss Piggy is "bathing" and isn't showing off her girly figure?

39032553-O.jpg

Again....thanks for the comments.
    Dan
    My Smugmug Snaps

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2005
    Coming from a farm town this was the first thing I thought of when I saw the "dirty" challenge. I think the first one works best but agree that it could use some post work to really make it pop.

Great ideathumb.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Wizard1929Wizard1929 Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2005
    Number 1 is dirtier!

Wiz
    edited October 8, 2005
    Gave it a shot.. going with it
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    Coming from a farm town this was the first thing I thought of when I saw the "dirty" challenge. I think the first one works best but agree that it could use some post work to really make it pop.

Great ideathumb.gif
    Eric
    Took gina's suggestion and removed the annoying thingees and adjusted the "pop" levels. I knew when I went to this particular place that this shot might present itself. When I first walked by.... nothing. Saw Miss Piggy on the way out. I'll be near another rural barn yard place next Saturday when I do an Indian Powwow snaparooshoot so I'll check out the pig opportunities...but my main focus that day will be people.

I too... grew up on farms so this is one of the things that popped in my head when I thought "Dirty". Acutally... I should have smeared my face with doo and took a self-portrait of myself on the telephone to make up for the last two challenges. :D

Thanks Eric!!
    wave.gif
    Dan
    My Smugmug Snaps

edited October 8, 2005
    Hi Wiz'
    Wizard1929 wrote:
    Number 1 is dirtier!

Wiz
    wave.gif

Thanks! Love your entry. Had considered something "like" that myself. Looks like your neighbors backyard might have a ton of other kewl shots in it.

Appreciate ya taking the time to comment.
    Thanks!!!

Dan
    My Smugmug Snaps

• skufukuskufuku Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2005
    I'm glade you entered the first one, that was my favorite. I love the contrast line from muddy to just dirty. Top ten material Great job.