wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited June 15, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
work in progress ...
426-test-j1724.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 9, 2011
    Mmmm...creepy. Are you planning on replacing the background?
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Mmmm...creepy. Are you planning on replacing the background?

Thanks, and yes. I'm hoping to pick up hair selection skills and going with something lighter, like sky; or if that fails, something very dark or black--Maybe a close up of her eye.
    Anybody can do it.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 9, 2011
    Cool. Looking forward to seeing the next iteration. thumb.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    Eerie that's for sure. I too look forward to seeing what happens next with this photo :D
    edited June 9, 2011
    Thanks Mary, and again Richard. I'm hoping it'll be different no matter which direction it goes.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2011
    wfeller wrote: »
    Thanks, and yes. I'm hoping to pick up hair selection skills and going with something lighter, like sky; or if that fails, something very dark or black--Maybe a close up of her eye.

Best is to use channels, unless you want to buy DigitalFilmTools' PowerMask.

I don't find this weird or eerie at all, it's like the classic black net veil.

What I think would bring out its potential is a hdr treatment and a hdr setting, and some burning.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
    edited June 11, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    Best is to use channels, unless you want to buy DigitalFilmTools' PowerMask.

I don't find this weird or eerie at all, it's like the classic black net veil.

What I think would bring out its potential is a hdr treatment and a hdr setting, and some burning.

Neil

Thanks Neil. I pulled out just the blindfold and eyes, then tried it on some sky/cloud photo backgrounds I have. I may try something like that. I want to come up with some sense or meaning with whatever pieces I use beforehand though. I think adjectives like; wierd, eerie, spooky, creepy, etc, are just things folks say off the cuff, to some extent. Even though this has been inspired by Magritte's ~bags-over-people's-heads~ which I feel is 'creepy', I'm thinking I can bring it around with some context. Or not :)
    Anybody can do it.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2011
    wfeller wrote: »
    Thanks Neil. I pulled out just the blindfold and eyes, then tried it on some sky/cloud photo backgrounds I have. I may try something like that. I want to come up with some sense or meaning with whatever pieces I use beforehand though. I think adjectives like; wierd, eerie, spooky, creepy, etc, are just things folks say off the cuff, to some extent. Even though this has been inspired by Magritte's ~bags-over-people's-heads~ which I feel is 'creepy', I'm thinking I can bring it around with some context. Or not :)

Ya gotta give it a go mate!

I remember a cartoon/comic series which had a character with a similar black mask over his eyes - thief?

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2011
    I really like this and where it's going! clap.gif Good idea and concept
    edited June 13, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    Ya gotta give it a go mate!

I remember a cartoon/comic series which had a character with a similar black mask over his eyes - thief?

Neil

I remember something like that too, but it's been years and years since I've looked at a strip.
    Juano wrote: »
    I really like this and where it's going! clap.gif Good idea and concept

Thanks Juano.
    Anybody can do it.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2011
    Like where you got this heading. So many different ways to approach this idea. Figuring it out is a serious chore in itself.
    Michael
    edited June 15, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Like where you got this heading. So many different ways to approach this idea. Figuring it out is a serious chore in itself.

Thanks Michael. I should have done something with it right away; because, yeah, the more I think about it, the more I can come up with. It'll be 3-4 weeks before I can get to it. I'm hoping something with fall into place by then.

-
    Anybody can do it.