Portrait in natural light

Coney_Island_GaryConey_Island_Gary Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited June 10, 2011 in People
I always have a difficult time attaching images to this site. Would someone please help. What I want to know is what are the correct dimensions for posting an image? I am posting JPGs only. The attached image, after about 20 trial & error attempts to post, appears darker then the original.

Thank you.
Gary from Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    Are your photos hosted anywhere, like to you have them uploaded to website someplace?
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Coney_Island_GaryConey_Island_Gary Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    Are your photos hosted anywhere, like to you have them uploaded to website someplace?

I have them posted on, "Photo Camel", is there a way to move an image from that website to this one?
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    I'm not sure what Photo Camel is but if you have your photos displayed there, you should be able to right-click on it and copy the url. Depending on the browser you're using, when you right-click, you may get different options such "Copy Image URL" or "Copy Image Location".... maybe "Copy Image Address". If you get none of those, but do get "Properties", select it then copy the image address. Once you have the image URL copied, click the little icon that looks like a picture of a mountain and sun, the yellow one on the reply tool bar. Paste the image address you copied in the dialogue box and your done.

My Smug Site
    edited June 9, 2011
    p85634-portrait-in-a-crowd.htmlp85634-portrait-in-a-crowd.html
    I'm not sure what Photo Camel is but if you have your photos displayed there, you should be able to right-click on it and copy the url. Depending on the browser you're using, when you right-click, you may get different options such "Copy Image URL" or "Copy Image Location".... maybe "Copy Image Address". If you get none of those, but do get "Properties", select it then copy the image address. Once you have the image URL copied, click the little icon that looks like a picture of a mountain and sun, the yellow one on the reply tool bar. Paste the image address you copied in the dialogue box and your done.

I will try this again, as it worked but I did not display the correct image

Thanks.
    edited June 9, 2011
    p85634-portrait-in-a-crowd.html

I will try this again, as it worked but I did not display the correct image. I tried this a second time and the link displays more than just the image that I want to show

Thanks.

I will keep trying.
    edited June 9, 2011
    p85641-april-portrait-nx21.htmlp85641-april-portrait-nx21.html

I see the url however it does not appear in the post???
    edited June 9, 2011

FYI: http://photocamel.com
    edited June 9, 2011
    p85641-april-portrait-nx21.htmlp85641-april-portrait-nx21.html

I see the url however it does not appear in the post???

The problem is that you are copying the URL to the forum page where the photo is embedded, NOT the actual photo itself. Actually, linking to a photo you've uploaded to another forum is probably not the best thing. You should think about registering at a photo hosting site, like SmugMug, Picassa or Flickr. You can then upload your photos to that your account and then hotlink to them on web forums like this one or Photo Camel.

My Smug Site
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2011
    ... You should think about registering at a photo hosting site, like SmugMug, Picassa or Flickr ...

+ Photobucket.
    I've been using the free option for many yrs without problems :)

pp
    edited June 10, 2011
    The problem is that you are copying the URL to the forum page where the photo is embedded, NOT the actual photo itself. Actually, linking to a photo you've uploaded to another forum is probably not the best thing. You should think about registering at a photo hosting site, like SmugMug, Picassa or Flickr. You can then upload your photos to that your account and then hotlink to them on web forums like this one or Photo Camel.

Do not laugh but I thought that this is "Smug Mug". How do I register?