DSC0099-L.jpg

Comments

• wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    For me.
    Anybody can do it.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 9, 2011
    It's a very cool idea. One nit is the bright line on the left side from the edge of the eye and covering the finger. I'd also look at doing something about the brighter horizontal line so that the face blends more easily into the building. But it's neat as is. thumb.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    I think it looks neat thumb.gif
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    It's a very cool idea. One nit is the bright line on the left side from the edge of the eye and covering the finger. I'd also look at doing something about the brighter horizontal line so that the face blends more easily into the building. But it's neat as is. thumb.gif

Good eye Richard (why am I not surprised...?) I hadn't seen the line next to the eye. How do you suggest dealing with it?

Thanks!
    edited June 10, 2011
    Juano wrote: »
    Good eye Richard (why am I not surprised...?) I hadn't seen the line next to the eye. How do you suggest dealing with it?

Thanks!
    At this size, it's kind of hard to say what will work best. I like to avoid really tedious work (of all sorts :D) so I would first do a rough selection and of it and see what content-aware fill does with it. It's not likely to solve the whole problem, but it might save you a lot of work. It's also possible that it makes matters much worse, but it's quick to try--just make sure you do it on a duplicate layer. Next, I would try creating a curves adjustment layer. Add a mask hiding everything and paint over the bright line with a white soft brush at 100% opacity. Then put the layer into luminosity mode and adjust the curve as needed. Again, this is not likely to solve the whole problem, but might get you 80% there. Finally, open a nice bottle of Chardonnay and use a combination of clone stamp, healing brush, dodging and burning till it either looks right or the bottle is empty, in which case you won't care. deal.gif
    edited June 10, 2011
    Looking at it again, another (possibly insane) idea occurred to me. Rather than try to fix the bright lines, take a shot of a martini glass and see if you can work it into the image. It should have roughly the same shape as the problem areas and you can transform it to make it fit.

Aren't you sorry you asked? rolleyes1.gif
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2011
    Looking at it again, another (possibly insane) idea occurred to me. Rather than try to fix the bright lines, take a shot of a martini glass and see if you can work it into the image. It should have roughly the same shape as the problem areas and you can transform it to make it fit.

I like the martini approach, after a couple of those everything will look just fine... rolleyes1.gifrofl

Thanks for the comments and pointers.
  • YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2011

I am going already for my fourth Martini and the ideas abandoned me.
    Is that normal?:cavig