Suggestion: Service for pros to track unauthorised online use of images

blackshadowblackshadow Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
edited June 13, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
One of the biggest issues facing professional photographers is having their work ripped off by all and sundry online.

I'd love to see Smugmug make online image tracking available for Pros. I'd suggest PicScout - www.picscout.com

I'd love to know how it would integrate with the Smugmug website - any chance of checking out out?

I've created a suggestion in the uservoice forum - just search for Picscout.

The uservoice post is at http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/1921111-image-tracking-for-pros-to-track-unauthorised-onli?ref=title

Comments

• blackshadowblackshadow Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited June 12, 2011
    If implemented it could be an add on for those pros who require online image tracking for an additional annual fee.

Have the powers that be at Smugmug looked at something like this?
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    I think this is a great idea, but the problem with most of these services is that the cost varies based on the number of images protected. And they also have a limited search range. For example, most of my work could end up in a blog or fairly small online publication, but they typically don't check these sites since they can't get a substantial cash settlement. So these services are useless for me.

Plus, these service don't check for conventional printing of an image, which would have much more substantial legal implications.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!