Set-Distract-Shoot

Ak-47Ak-47 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited October 10, 2005 in People
Hey everone.. I'm new here!! I'm completely in awe and inspired by the pictures posted here since I joined while silently admiring everyones work. So, I am posting one of mine for the 1st time (nervously). The girl in the pic hates the camera.. so it was a task, yet fun to try and catch her anyway.
Any comments are welcomed and appreciated.
Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of expression, interpretation and execution. - Ansel Adams

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2005
    Ak-47 wrote:
    Hey everone.. I'm new here!! I'm completely in awe and inspired by the pictures posted here since I joined while silently admiring everyones work. So, I am posting one of mine for the 1st time (nervously). The girl in the pic hates the camera.. so it was a task, yet fun to try and catch her anyway.
    Any comments are welcomed and appreciated.
    Hi AK!! wave.gif.. don't be nervous we don't bite that much rolleyes1.gif we are all here learning away, all of us so don't feel intimidated. Your shot is beautiful, she is lovely. Let us know what camera settings you used (if you remember, I never do) :D and welcome!
    Lynn
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 7, 2005
    Hiya AK wave.gif

As Lynn mentions, nothing to fear here. We never bite and only seldom bark.....lol Some of us do drool quite a bit though lol3.gif

Lovely little one and you did a super job with the mixed lighting. I think you may be able to tweak it a bit in post processing. But she looks just fine the way you shot her thumb.gifthumb.gif

Thanks for sharing her and congrats on getting off the sidelines and jumping into the game clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2005
    They draw you in, then the beatings start. He is correct, they try not to bite right away.

Just look a couple of forums down. It is actually called The Whipping Post.

Need I saw more!

Cute kid. Let her be a part of the picture taking thing, she can take photos of you, etc. Take so many photos of her she just gets bored and doesn't notice.

Let her look at the photos. Kids love that, in the LCD thing. If she wants to make funny faces, take those photos. Kids don't like long posing things, if any, but you can usually get good candids. And you can bargain, like only 5 min, I promise, then we will....................and take your camera to whatever you do next, too.

ginger

shhhhh, I wasn't supposed to tell you about the beatings.

:beatwax

I have a pc problem and a weather problem, so I am "killing" time.
    We do not actually "kill" here, yet.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Ak-47Ak-47 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    Thanks...
    for the kind welcome. And yes.. I did see the Whipping Post thread. I'll proceed with caution!

I love to shoot kids. The innocence is priceless.. and capturing their individual verve is always fun.

Thanks again for the comments and tips... I plan on stickign around! :-)
    Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of expression, interpretation and execution. - Ansel Adams

• rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    This is a lovely shot. The lighting is lovely and it hits those lovely brown eyes at just the right point to make them sparkle. Super job....And welcome nice to see you here:D
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso