Pet photo

tbastentbasten Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited June 15, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Hey guys,

I am just after some CC with the below photo. I am trying to fine tune my techniques and thought I would try some high-key lighting on a pet photo.

MG0058-XL.jpg

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2011
    Sorry for the lack of responses. The high key treatment in this image doesn't work for me.

I'm going to move this to other cool shots where you might get some more responses.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2011
    Yeah I agree...I think it's just too much...if more of the dogs face were crisp and not blurry on the sides and his ears...it would do more for me.
    Cute dog tho :)
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2011
    Your style of work I like thumb.gif

This to me is a photo I would of worked on too for this kind of treatment. Ears are out of focus somewhat so I think I would of used that to an advantage by making the dog more muted and then pop the blacks some to bring out the markings. Eyes have highlights in them. The collar ... was the rest of the dogs collar in the photo? Did you do any sharpening to his photo?

With photos like this one can develop their own style of work. For me I know they're so much fun to do. Have fun :D