Options

light ...78...thoughts please?

rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
edited June 12, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
So, I have two specific ideas, that I think could be cool, if I only SET THEM UP and shoot them!

However, on the off chance that doesn't happen, lol, I was out the other evening at sundown...

I would love to hear your thoughts....THANKS

1---
20110609-18-M.jpg

2---
20110609-16-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2011
    The backlit flower is very pretty. I prefer the first one, but I find the wedge of bokeh'ed light coming from just below and to the right of the flower distracting. Is it possible to clone that out?
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2011
    Thanks... these were just quick and dirty, oh look I have a shot edits... that light is the porch roof of the building behind, I believe, easily handled if I choose to go this way!
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2011
    Then if you have shots to edit, I'll give you one more thought. I would like to have a dof that is just shallow enough to really emphasize the beautifully lit flower, but deep enough to let you be more aware that the buildings behind the flower mean it was taken in an urban environment. I don't want to see the buildings, mind you, but it would be cool to know they're there.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2011
    Hi Trish,

I really like them both!

Greg's comments make sense to me, too. I might actually prefer the second shot though... For exactly the reason that Greg mentioned regarding the juxtaposition of the urban environment with the flower. I'd suggest the second one with the BG a bit more blurred... he likes the first with the BG a bit more focused. We're apparently after the same idea.

For my tastes, the broader context of the flower in the second shot is more appealing and I like that the full flower sits in front of a more consistent dark toned BG.
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2011
    Thanks Guys! I shall take both under advisement, and maybe even shoot the idea I had first!!!
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2011
    ghinson wrote: »
    The backlit flower is very pretty. I prefer the first one, but I find the wedge of bokeh'ed light coming from just below and to the right of the flower distracting. Is it possible to clone that out?

15524779-Ti.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com