Options

#78 - Multiple ideas, help me decide please...

MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
edited June 13, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I had several ideas in mind for this challenge. Among them were playing with candles, a fun decision maker, and the top lit palm trees in our neighborhood.

I cannot quite decide which one to submit and so would really appreciate any comments and feedback. Thanks.

1. Glowing Palm
DSC2824Edited-M.jpg

2. Fighting Darkness Together
DSC3029-M.jpg

3. Losing Flame
DSC2655Edited-M.jpg

4. Bright Decision (1)
DSC2882Edited1-M.jpg

5. Bright Decision (2)
DSC2847Edited-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited June 12, 2011
    These are all interesting shots, and it's hard for me to say which might be strongest for the current challenge. I lean toward #3 for its connection to the theme. (I wonder what it would look like with a bit more table showing in the lower left corner, if you cropped this and can tweak it.) I also like #5. Hope this is helpful!
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2011
    I lean toward #3 too :)
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    Thanks for the comments.... Here is a second attempt at #3. Capturing a nice candle smoke and properly exposing it were more difficult than I thought!

DSC3157Edited-M.jpg

BTW, I think other shots do fit the theme too. Specifically, you may think of 1 as "light at end of tree", 2 as helping each other to get "light at the end of darkness", 3 as "light at its end", and 4 and 5 as "light at end of pendulum". :D
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    I think this final one is the way to go....it seems better balanced than the other candle images! I really want to pick #2, because the mirror is quite interesting, but find the candles in the foreground to be too "visually clunky." Also like #5 quite a bit, but would appreciate a title that gives a hint of what the subject actually is.......
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited June 13, 2011
    I agree that this final one (#6) is a great shot for this challenge!