Options

Photo of the week ???

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited July 16, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Just been looking at Shakey's "just a bike in BW" which prompted me to suggest a photo of the week (2 week, month???) thread where anyone could nominate a photo from any thread, (but not your own, of course) and then maybe, at the end of the given period vote on them in a similar way to the DPreviews Sony challenges are done.The winner then would tally up the next one. (??)

No prizes or anything just an opportunity for encouragement, to understand what people apreciate, and to highlight the fantastic pictures that appear on the various threads.The forums are pretty busy and I often see old pictures that have resurfaced because of a new post so I'm sure I must be missing some.

Just thinking as I write really......
What do you reckon? :dunno

Comments

• Options
    BryanBryan Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2004
    That is a perfect image... a great photo.

I would be game for a photo of "the given period"
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited July 15, 2004
    I suggested something like this early on, where someone - not a pro or a mod - volunteers to pick out some of the best photos of the month. Over at Advrider.com (Baldy's other forum) these are all displayed in a random fashion on an "entrance" page. Give the link a look, refresh it a few times and you'll see what I mean.

I had hoped this would translate over to Dgrin, but hasn't. I'd volunteer to pick the first batch if Baldy himself or one of the mods would setup an advrider like front page.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2004
    Not a bad idea, Erik. nod.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2004
    so what do we have to do to make it happen???
    Erik

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2004
    Maybe it will make the list... right after the Hall of Fame gets created. Things move slowly around here.

Ahem. umph.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2004
    ok. patience is not my strong point, but my offer will stand - I'd still be happy to pick out a selection of good dgrin cover shots the first time.
    Erik