Enchanted River

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited June 16, 2011 in Landscapes
a nameless tributary of the White River not far from Mt. Rainier...

EnchantedRiversm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2011
    Rocky-
    This is a great scene with the moss on the rocks. It seems to be missing a bit of contrast (at least on my crappy work computer screen). Maybe boost the contrast and up the black level a bit? Perhaps a little vignette to tone down the light hitting the lower left rock and upper right tree and center attention on the middle?
    E
  • red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2011
    Hmmm.... have to agree with eoren on this one - my first impression was 'where are the blacks?' bumping the contrast will make the greens stand out even more, and give this beautiful river a lot more impact.
    My first reaction was instant relaxation, like i actually exhaled and smiled a little. Next came the technical modifications I'd be making. I agree with the others, boost blacks, up the contrast a little and maybe crop to parse back the distracting root system and focus on the upper left corner. Also there seems to be an overall green tint (aside from where the green should be that is). Maybe bump a bit of magenta in there to even it out.

Very nice shot overall. How long was your shutter speed?
    "I know you don't understand. Let me show you......"
    My Website
    My 50 f/1.8 lives on my Nikon D80 full time.
    Next Lens: Tamron 28-75 f/2.8