help requested, flower identification

denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
edited June 18, 2011 in Landscapes
I feel like the name of these flowers is just out of reach. Can someone provide an identification?
2011067D9954L-L.jpg
Thanks for your help!

--- Denise

Comments

• senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2011
    It looks pretty similar to a Foxglove that I planted on our patio today.
    Jay
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited June 12, 2011
    senorjax wrote: »
    It looks pretty similar to a Foxglove that I planted on our patio today.
    You're right - thanks so much! I knew it was familiar, just couldn't pull the name from my memory.

--- Denise
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2011
    edited June 15, 2011
    dlplumer wrote: »
    Beautiful
    Thanks Dan!

--- Denise
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2011
    Yes, foxglove. I like the colors, Denise. You've made some wonderful floral shots this spring--I keep returning to your gallery to look at them!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited June 16, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    Yes, foxglove. I like the colors, Denise. You've made some wonderful floral shots this spring--I keep returning to your gallery to look at them!
    Thanks Lauren!

It's been fun visiting the gardens with my camera. I was really bummed last weekend - I found out about another garden in New Hampshire, one that is only open to the public 4 days a year. I was planning to go last Saturday but I thought again when I woke up to pouring rain. I'm hoping that the next open day is a good weather day.

--- Denise
    edited June 17, 2011
    We have a wonderful place here also: San Antonio Botanical Gardens. I love to go there to shoot, especially to practice macro and closeups. Unfortunately, it is so HOT here now that I barely go outside except before 8 in the morning. It will be a while before I get back to the gardens, so keep sharing your flower shots please! :D

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • sgonensgonen Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    Lovely - I had a shot of these from a trip to Mt. Rainier and never looked up the name - thanks, now I know.
    1014019898_xqf5s-S.jpg
    edited June 17, 2011
    We have a wonderful place here also: San Antonio Botanical Gardens. I love to go there to shoot, especially to practice macro and closeups. Unfortunately, it is so HOT here now that I barely go outside except before 8 in the morning. It will be a while before I get back to the gardens, so keep sharing your flower shots please!
    I promise, I will!

I'm actually quite lucky. There is a beautiful garden about a mile and a half from home, a favorite walking destination - http://www.thetrustees.org/places-to-visit/northeast-ma/stevens-coolidge-place.html

The second garden is one I discovered last year. I'd been riding my bike by the sign for a number of years but somehow I never stopped until last summer. It's just off the New Hampshire coast, primarily a rose garden but they also have perennials and a greenhouse - http://www.fullergardens.org/FullerGardens/.

It's fun to visit week by week and watch the changes.
    sgonen wrote: »
    Lovely - I had a shot of these from a trip to Mt. Rainier and never looked up the name - thanks, now I know.
    It's great to be able to post a photo with a question and have folks provide the names. I would have asked a favortie garden wanderer but I had the place to myself last Sunday. There was a lot of water in the air. The rain was gone, but there was definitely a heavy mist.

--- Denise
    edited June 18, 2011
    Thanks for the links, Denise. I'm planning to visit Maine again this fall--maybe we can do another shoot together and take in some gardens.

Cheers--

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited June 18, 2011
    Thanks for the links, Denise. I'm planning to visit Maine again this fall--maybe we can do another shoot together and take in some gardens.
    You must have been reading my mind - I was just thinking I needed to check with you and see if you would be returning to Maine anytime soon. I'd love to get together with you again.

--- Denise