Actor's publicity photographs

DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
edited June 13, 2011 in People
I just finished processing this shoot. We had a stylist so we tried to show off the clothes a bit more than usual for an actor's photos. What do you think ?

Pedro-Web-3.jpg

Pedro-Web-2.jpg

Pedro-Web-4.jpg

Pedro-Web-6.jpg

Pedro-Web-5.jpg

( They look saturated and red compared to the saved for web jpg's I'm seeing in photoshop... any ideas or is it just from photobucket's fault ? )

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2011
    #1 = serious keeper!! Fantastic connection with the viewer, the eyes really "speak" and it's not a cookie-cutter look while still managing to be in something which is in keeping with currently expected styles for a headshot. Excellent!!!

What's the intended use for the remainder- web/promo packages, or submission shots? I can see the "fun" ones being great as part of a website, but they'd likely be somewhat off the beaten track for getting auditioins (depending on what the actor was submitting for, of course).

I prefer 2B, 3A, 4A and 5B to their counterparts, but YMMV.

Looks like a fun shoot!

ETA: Yes, they do look slightly to the warm side. If the originals are fine - ie on your computer, saved as maximum quality jpgs or tiffs - I wouldn't worry about it. No experience with photobucket so can't help there!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    And PS: How did you light that first one, particularly the camera right cheek and jawline? I'm guessing maybe some striplights were involved, but would love to know (or even better, see a pullback :D). REALLY like this shot a lot.
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    Ditto for #1. Very nice.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    Thank you so much, I'm glad you like them. I also prefer some of the counterparts, but when I decided do to diptychs, I knew that would probably be an issue ;)
    They will be used by him as a sort of book or showcase, he needed to update his "portfolio". I'm not sure if he will send them to auditions but I don't see why not, as long as it fits the description. Variety was a concern.
    I'm not 100% on this as they were shot in April, but I'm pretty sure the headshot was lit with two medium softboxes above and below camera and at least one more light to blow out the background. The highlights you're seeing are just spill from the background.

( I used save for web which usually gives good results, but here on firefox they do look different )

Edit: Ah ! Much better.