Options

At the range part 2.

YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
edited July 19, 2011 in Sports
Another shot showing the broken target on top left and subject in the shadow of the house.
C&C welcome.

Comments

• Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    Well, I didn't want to leave you completely hanging without any feedback. Skeet is one of those sports that is fun to participate in, but it's difficult to make compelling images of. Take this image - the target is extremely tiny in the frame - lots of empty sky. The building is a distracting image element and the shooter adds context but overall just not a compelling image. Similar to your first post - you have the discharge of the shell, but there's nothing much compelling about the image from a photography standpoint. Again, not a knock against you - or the sport. I just don't think it lends itself to compelling image making. Maybe others can provide suggestions for how to make such shots more compelling, but I'm struggling.
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2011
    I understand you.
    It is not like fishing, baseball or other sports where you directly and personally see the rest of the story.
    The ones that have not done this before will stay guessing what happens now?
    I suppose video will be the real story teller.
    I thank you and appreciate your comment which I don't feel is a knock or downgrading my attempt at all.
    I know the sport and I am now more interested than ever, to find the compelling story telling click.
    Thanks once more.
    Y.beer.gif
  • Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    Alex posted some successful images in People
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2011
    aktse wrote: »
    Alex posted some successful images in People

:deadhorse Appreciate your help and please, do not get me wrong, I am in the learning process.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    The situation is, there are very defining differences between Skeet and Sporting Clays.
    No matter what, we need to convey a message in our pictures and I believe that regarding these two sports, we are both in the same boiling pan.
    Now, if the message is love, having fun, entertainment and enjoying a day with your loved one, then, it is there, he fulfilled his purpose and I simply wasn't able to.
    I have seen many of Alex pictures and I need to learn a lot from him, so, by any means I am bashing him at all.
    Salud.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    wpbarrwpbarr Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited July 6, 2011
    You need to get the camera in front of the shooters face, say directly beside the shooter. Use a tripod, wide angle lens and remote release. Then, crop like crazy when you are going through the shots. The whole story is the look on the shooters face and once in a while, the muzzle flash. It's all about perspective.

1028957818_dJfWx-S-1.jpg
    --
    Bill Barr
    6x7, 35mm, m4/3
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2011
    wpbarr wrote: »
    You need to get the camera in front of the shooters face, say directly beside the shooter. Use a tripod, wide angle lens and remote release. Then, crop like crazy when you are going through the shots. The whole story is the look on the shooters face and once in a while, the muzzle flash. It's all about perspective.

1028957818_dJfWx-S-1.jpg

Thanks for your advise, is really constructive.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thumb.gif