Options

Canon G6 replacement?

arroyosharkarroyoshark Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited October 10, 2005 in Cameras
Has anyone in the know, or close to the know, heard any rumors that Canon might upgrade the G6 any time soon, now that they have 7 mp A620 and 8MP S80?

Just wondering.
Available light is any damn light that's available -W. Eugene Smith

Comments

• Options
    ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    Canon didn't show us anything when they had us at the canon roadshow with the release of the new cameras this year. Also, judging by the sales records of the G6 this year, they might just be trying to avoid having too much invested in the pro-sumer cameras. I hear that there might be a replacement for the Pro-1 at the next release date though.

Hope this helps?
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • Options
    BystanderBystander Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    Canon didn't show us anything when they had us at the canon roadshow with the release of the new cameras this year. Also, judging by the sales records of the G6 this year, they might just be trying to avoid having too much invested in the pro-sumer cameras. I hear that there might be a replacement for the Pro-1 at the next release date though.

Hope this helps?

What were the sales records for the G6?

Thanks,
    Frank
    My SmugMug Gallery

http://frank-winters.artistwebsites.com/

Seeking the Decisive Moment, thanks Henri
  • Options
    arroyosharkarroyoshark Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005

Hope this helps?

Thanks.

In addition to considering the Canon 350XT, I was looking at the G6 as a less expensive digital that took RAW images, for some classes I'm taking. If a new upgraded model was comiing, I'd hold off a bit longer.
    Available light is any damn light that's available -W. Eugene Smith
  • Options
    ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    Bystander wrote:
    What were the sales records for the G6?

Thanks,
    Frank
    I don't have numbers from canon, but from my store I think only about 5-6 walked out of my store this summer, if that, and we're one of the highest selling stores in Ontario.

We had more people looking at the G6 and quickly moving up to the rebel/nikon 8800 or Pro-1, or going for something smaller, such as the S70, or similar.
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2