Suzie...Still learning.

Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited June 27, 2011 in People
Many of you saw the deployment photos I added a couple of weeks ago. Thank you for all of the comments and wonderful support.
Things are crazy around here and I decided that I needed to relax. What better way than to get my stuff out and photograph some friends.
My friend Suzie wants to send some pictures to her DH...he is deployed with my DH.
These were spur of the moment and a trial run. I saw a dress from one of our formals in her closet and that is our background. We are going to do this again soon.

Please let me know what to do differently and better. Thanks!

1. This is one of the crops I was unsure of...it's her favorite.
i-khD2FTL-L.jpg

2. This one is my favorite.
i-KF5k8xG-L.jpg

i-mwJTJ6t-L.jpg

i-mjp68RP-L.jpg

Comments

• zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2011
    Yeah the crop is not ideal in one...but she still looks amazing in that one, I can see why she would like it.
  • Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2011
    She is a beautiful lady inside and out. I'm glad she wants to do this again.
    She really liked her bent leg on this one but the rest was not in a good position so I cropped it to keep what she liked and what her DH would like. As long as it works for them...
  • LRussoPhotoLRussoPhoto Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2011
    I like 1 and 4, very pretty lady.
    D300s D90
    Nikon 18-105mm,Nikon 18-200mm,Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

http://LouRusso.SmugMug.com
  • ADMIT PhotographyADMIT Photography Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2011
    I like 1, 2 and 3. Thank you for your Husbands service and your support. Being a deployed service member I know how hard it is. I'm sure your models husband will love the surprise photos!
    Facebook - Twitter
    Nikon D200, D80, SB600, nikon 50mm 1.8, nikon 18-135 3.5-4.6, nikon 70-200
  • tropicotropico Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2011
    Lovely set. I am sure the client will be really happy.

In #1 I feel her leg is really distracting. Other than that good job!
    http://www.monicagarrett.com

Canon 5D MARK II, Canon EOS 450D
    Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L, Canon 18-55mm
    Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 75-300mm, Tokina 10-24mm, Sigma 18-200mm
  • Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    I like 1 and 4, very pretty lady.

Thank you!
    I like 1, 2 and 3. Thank you for your Husbands service and your support. Being a deployed service member I know how hard it is. I'm sure your models husband will love the surprise photos!

Thank you! I know that he will be thrilled with the photos. We already have round 2 scheduled.
    tropico wrote: »
    Lovely set. I am sure the client will be really happy.

Thanks!
  • LRussoPhotoLRussoPhoto Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    Post em up after the next shoot.
    D300s D90
    Nikon 18-105mm,Nikon 18-200mm,Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

http://LouRusso.SmugMug.com
    edited June 25, 2011
    Post em up after the next shoot.

thumb.gif
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    Excluding the crop mentioned, I think #1 stands out in the series. Her face and eyes just seem to 'pop' and really stand out.
  • TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    I agree with the crop but number one is still the best in the series. I think she and her DH will be happy with that and if you reshoot you can recompose too.
  • ValerieJeanValerieJean Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    She has the most amazing smile ever!! To take such 'sexy for lack of a better word, she is still covered after all', for her smile to be the first thing that makes me fall in love with the image; awesome job on both of you.....
    I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard