Options

Trials.

oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
edited June 17, 2011 in Sports
This is my first attempt at shooting trials bikes. I have to admit that this is more a case of myself trying to capture some shots of a sport I love than it is an attempt at photographic excellence. Even so, I'm very happy with the images I got. C&C very much welcome.

3-L.jpg

7-L.jpg

1-L.jpg

20-L.jpg

25-L.jpg

28-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    digidronedigidrone Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2011
    Great captures!
    #5 & #6 are rocking to me...thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2011
    Thank you Royce....much appreciated.
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2011
    For me, #5 is the standout. Great point of view and framing. Capturing it mid-air and coming towards you increases the tension and dynamics (and the potential danger if it goes wrong!). Colours are saturated and it "pops". #6 would be my second favourite - not as spectacular as #5 but timing is good.
    My concern for #1 - #4 is that you are positioned on the "shadow" side of the bike. As a result, the colours are more muted and I think you lose some detail because of the shadows. You angles and timing are terrific. #1 and #2 are a bit too closely cropped for me. I would have liked a little more separation behind the rider in #3, but I really like the concept of this image. I also like #4 which gives some idea of the problem faced by the rider - it also adds a different perspective.
    For me I think your timing is great, all images are sharp and you have a diverse set of images. Just the shadows detract from the impact in some (my opinion - and this should never be regarded as fact!)
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2011
    Wow, great feedback Ace, thank you. I'll definately play around a bit with the crops. I couldn't decide whether I wanted that wide angle look.... or cropped in tight like I did on some of these. I'll work more on these tonight and see what I can come up with.
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2011
    OK....tweeked a few and added a few. I backed off the crop on these to give them more of the wide angle look. Left in a bit more earth and sky.

01-L.jpg

03-L.jpg

04-L.jpg

05-L.jpg

06-L.jpg

08-L.jpg

07-L.jpg

09-L.jpg
  • Options
    David-StallardDavid-Stallard Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2011
    Terrific shot's and the slightly wider crops make a huge difference, really nicely done

.DAVID.
    http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/

Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2011
    Thank you David, glad you like them.
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    Nice Job, agree with David

So let me understand this, front tire is optional in this sport....
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2011
    Thank you Ted.

These are the upper classes so they make it look way too easy.... it's pretty humbling to watch. Do a Youtube search for Toni Bou or Adam Raga.....those guys can spend an eternity bouncing around on the back tire.