Deployment #1

ADMIT PhotographyADMIT Photography Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
edited June 23, 2011 in People
So I'm a photographer for the Air Force currently on deployment. I'd like some feedback on some of the photos I've taken during my training. Sorry there are so many but I figured do one thread for them instead of breaking them up into 2-3 threads. I hope you enjoy them!

i-Fq49cpw-M.jpg

i-tBWVHTp-M.jpg

i-MpTTnFM-M.jpg

i-XvqsZ9z-M.jpg

i-W3Lr6mN-M.jpg

6. Reflection
i-99GgVnp-M.jpg

7. Greeting
i-cZpVfcS-M.jpg

i-HpsQ65h-M.jpg

9. Reaching for help
i-QWwfGvK-M.jpg

i-3S4XWKc-M.jpg

11. Providing Cover
i-LpLrT4D-M.jpg

12. Giving Aid
i-FJ7kxgB-M.jpg

i-n5jqLQv-M.jpg

i-BrXDBjK-M.jpg

15. This was a mistake photo but I like it. It's 2 people providing first aid with their flash light as their only source of light.
i-3tdZ23P-M.jpg

i-3bXt49z-M.jpg

17. This was taken using only the light from a small window on a door which was about 30 feet away. They are practicing first aid on a dummy.
i-HMrxzG6-M.jpg
Facebook - Twitter
Nikon D200, D80, SB600, nikon 50mm 1.8, nikon 18-135 3.5-4.6, nikon 70-200

Comments

• ADMIT PhotographyADMIT Photography Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2011
    Two more I forgot to add. These were taken during some downtime when we all decided to play in the mud to let off some steam and get a good laugh.

19)
    Facebook - Twitter
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2011
    First off, thank you and all the men and women for what you have, are and will be doing. It is appreciated greatly.

You've got some great stuff here. Totaly magazine ready. On #2 your point of interest is lost on me unless it would be an ad for the scope. On #11 your title doesn't fit the photos depth of field. The cover guy should be in focus to match the title, at least for me. I do like the protection out of focus and the medics in focus alot. #5-8-15 and 17 rock. Your colors are spot on.

You've got a good eye, please post more.
    edited June 15, 2011
    Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed them! #2 was just a cool shot I took for the guy with the weapon no real focus was intended. #11 the guy pulling security is out of focus on purpose. That was taken while allot was going on and to me him being out of focus kind of shows that.
    Facebook - Twitter
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed them! #2 was just a cool shot I took for the guy with the weapon no real focus was intended. #11 the guy pulling security is out of focus on purpose. That was taken while allot was going on and to me him being out of focus kind of shows that.

The thing I don't like about it is the out of focus subject is too busy. It's just distracting from the message of the picture, and I think you would've been better off had you focused on him rather than those in the background.

I like your very last shot, an interesting perspective.

Definitely some solid stuff here, man. Keep on keepin' on, and as someone who is in the same boots, I can only encourage you to stick with it even when you think you don't have time. There's always time for passion.
    edited June 17, 2011
    Definitely some solid stuff here, man. Keep on keepin' on, and as someone who is in the same boots, I can only encourage you to stick with it even when you think you don't have time. There's always time for passion.

Your a military photographer?
    Facebook - Twitter
  • Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    There are some great shots in this set. The only ones that I wasn't feeling were 9 and 12. It looks like a smile in both and doesn't fit the mood of what's going on. I look forward to seeing more.:D
  • fmrnykrfmrnykr Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    Great stuff. You've told a great story about the conditions you will face and I sincerley hope that you and your colleagues return home safely.

Thanks for making it possible for us to enjoy doing the things we love while you stand in harms way.

Bob
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    Your a military photographer?

Nope, Marine comm guy, but I like to think of photography as my first job. I would've like to do Combat Camera when I reenlisted, but unfortunately I am dichromatically colorblind, preventing me from entering that field.
    edited June 18, 2011
    There are some great shots in this set. The only ones that I wasn't feeling were 9 and 12. It looks like a smile in both and doesn't fit the mood of what's going on. I look forward to seeing more.:D

Ya those two shots were taken for fun and the unique perspective. Normally I wouldn't be able to take those types of shots so I thought they were cool.
    Facebook - Twitter
    edited June 18, 2011
    fmrnykr wrote: »
    Great stuff. You've told a great story about the conditions you will face and I sincerley hope that you and your colleagues return home safely.

Thanks for making it possible for us to enjoy doing the things we love while you stand in harms way.

Bob

Thanks for the comments and your support!
    Facebook - Twitter
  • YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    Great pictures in general.
    I love them.

****Most important: GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR BROTHER AND SISTERS IN ARMS.beer.gifbeer