Options

#79 - SOOC possibility

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited June 20, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2011
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2011
    richtersl wrote: »
    Very cool! clap.gifclapclap.gif

Thanks! I'm still fiddling.... totally obsessed with this set up now! Laughing.gifwings.gif
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2011
    Another Angle....

Would love to hear thoughts...

i-gXg2XMj-M.jpg
  • Options
    CambysesCambyses Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2011
    I think I like the 1st one better. What is this BTW? Is it some sort of a crystal Eifel tower miniature or something?
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2011
    Cambyses wrote: »
    I think I like the 1st one better. What is this BTW? Is it some sort of a crystal Eifel tower miniature or something?

Great guess! It's a 3ft tall crystal Eiffel Tower. :D
  • Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2011
    I also prefer the angle of the first picture - especially the way it draws the eye to the middle (top) of the tower. Excellent shot.
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2011
    Interesting image - I like the first one more, but maybe a little more symmetric and centered, if you can...
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    DirquistDirquist Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2011
    I love the first one, it makes me feel like Im about to get grabbed and sucked right into the photo. Fantastic work and idea!
  • Options
    konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    Personally, I think the 2nd one might be better - not as distracting if it isn't spot on square.
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited June 17, 2011
    This is tough. I like how close we are to the object in the first shot. I think the 2nd shot puts more emphasis on the lines and the pattern, in a way. Feeling inarticulate just now, but would suggest doing as Tatiana suggested with the first. And I'd be curious about how #2 might look if you turned the object a bit more so that is slightly askew with the more prominent leg of the tower a little higher in the frame. Good luck with it!
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2011
    The problem I had/have with the first shot is that the tower isn't a perfect square... UGH!! Laughing.gif I've got a couple others I'll post once smug is out of read only mode. Thanks for all the great comments! Trying to decide on this is driving me crazy!
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    I am leaning towards the first shot even though it is off center a bit, it leans toward making a vanishing point illusion.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    I like the first better. I think more symmetrical works better for this one.

I can't wait to see what other ones you have!
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2011
    Here's a couple more.... I'm gonna try a different set up too... see what that does. I'm totally obsessed with this now... can you tell? gerg.gif

i-Php6qf6-M.jpg

i-RK6mv8L-M.jpg
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    I'm liking the 1st one in this second set as it seems the most symmetrical which I think showcases this subject the best. GP
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2011
    I'm thinking this may be the final.... Thoughts?
    i-R47DNNr-M.jpg
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    GretaPics wrote: »
    I'm liking the 1st one in this second set as it seems the most symmetrical which I think showcases this subject the best. GP

15524779-Ti.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    powderpowder Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    cool.~powder
  • Options
    silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    ic4u wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif
    +2
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2011
    Thanks guys for all the input... I bit the bullet and submitted to the challenge... on to other photo projects this weekend! :)
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    15524779-Ti.gif
    15524779-Ti.gif too! First one in the second set.
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug