Options

How many bridal portraits as "proofs"?

WeiselWeisel Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
edited June 15, 2011 in Weddings
I'm currently editing one of my recent weddings from last month. We shot a lot of bridal portraits, mostly similar poses, and mostly in the same room. It's all I could get her to do on that particular day.

So.....I'm curious what some of you do generally, or even in this case. Would you let her see about 25 different variations which have been somewhat edited in LR, then let her pick out a few, then Photoshop them to a polished finish?

Usually I only deliver a few really nice, finished portraits, but for some reason, I'm wondering what I should do in this case. Or at least...what do YOU do normally for bridal portraits? (Only the actual wedding day portraits)

Do you show a lot of proofs, then edit a few? Do you fully edit a few, then give them out as finals? Just curious.
Canon 5D MK IV | 24-70 2.8L USM | 50mm F1.4 USM | 70-200mm F2.8L | AB 800 light | 430EXII speedlight (x2) | Lowel iLight | Cybersync remotes | bag of trail mix |
My Weddings WebsiteBlog

Comments

• Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2011
    I only show what I deliver and what I am willing to print. So I throw away anything that I do not think will print well. Then I look through similar shots and select the best, only showing the best to the clients. If you have two shots that are of identical poses, one is probably best - delete the other. If neither are better, then just delete one of them and make less work for your clients that don't have trained eyes.