No Way I'm Going Up That Ladder !!!

DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
edited June 20, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Way too steep for me in so many ways :D And I'm lugging all this silly assed gear.
SteepLadderWebWM18889-XL.jpg
Michael

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2011
    I really like how you shot this photo. As for going up the ladder ... I don't know if I would even want to try it :D
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2011
    Great perspective on this shot, Michael. I've never seen a photograph of this scene before. Makes me think of a similar setup on Grandfather Mountain in NC. A bit scary.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2011
    Putting aside the climbing issue, I think the framing and composition of this is great!thumb.gif

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 17, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    Putting aside the climbing issue, I think the framing and composition of this is great!thumb.gif

Neil
    15524779-Ti.gif Well done. Following the ladders walks the viewer through the frame.

As for climbing it, well, I guess it depends on how badly you want a shot from up there. mwink.gif
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I really like how you shot this photo. As for going up the ladder ... I don't know if I would even want to try it :D
    :D Thank you Mary :D The angle made it appear much tougher than it was.
    Michael
    edited June 18, 2011
    Great perspective on this shot, Michael. I've never seen a photograph of this scene before. Makes me think of a similar setup on Grandfather Mountain in NC. A bit scary. Tom
    Thanks much Tom :D Pleased you like it.
    You have, I am sure, seen many images from Antelope Canyon in Page Utah.
    Just not this picture as the tourist hardly want to see that coming at the end
    of the journey through. This was from the lower portion of Antelope. Its in two segments. If I get to it I will post a more "common" pic. Wonder if I've
    seen Grandfather Mountain on PBS or some such. Think maybe yes headscratch.gif
    Michael
    edited June 18, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »

Neil
    Much appreciated Neil :D:D:D
    I really should have been leaving the Canyon instead of taking this picture. I was already 30 minutes late beyond my pass to be in there. Fortunately they didn't charge me extra :whew
    Michael
  • david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2011
    Agreed the angle was "well deceptively taken". BTW, did you make your way up?
  • MilanMilan Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2011
    Nice! Great composition!
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2011
    I must say, the composition is great thumb.gif After looking at it for a while, I think it is much easier to climb in real life than it looks in this photo. Seems like those ladders could be just straight and not tilted at all... I'm not sure though.

Nice shot anyhow!
    edited June 20, 2011
    david-low wrote: »
    Agreed the angle was "well deceptively taken". BTW, did you make your way up?
    Thank you David thumb.gif It was one of the better offerings of deception potentials from this road trip. Did make it up safely. Its actually a really well
    built and very safe ladder.
    Michael
    edited June 20, 2011
    Milan wrote: »
    Nice! Great composition!
    Thanks for saying Milan :D Pleased you like it
    Michael
    edited June 20, 2011
    I must say, the composition is great thumb.gif After looking at it for a while, I think it is much easier to climb in real life than it looks in this photo. Seems like those ladders could be just straight and not tilted at all... I'm not sure though.

Nice shot anyhow!
    Pleased you have enjoyed the shot. Its is as you suspect. Way easier to climb than it appears. Tilt it somewheres around 45 degrees left and that would be about right. :D
    Michael
    edited June 20, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif Well done. Following the ladders walks the viewer through the frame.

As for climbing it, well, I guess it depends on how badly you want a shot from up there. mwink.gif
    Appreciate that Richard :D Thank you!
    I did want to get on with it and it was the only way out and no time to go back. I was tardy as it was.
    Michael