Options

My First time.

GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
edited June 20, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
For those that have been following my online exploits or lack thereof, I thought I'd let you know I finally got my first online order!

3x A4 Bordered Prints.

Only took me about 10K uploaded images to manage it. As it turned out the order was from a parent that had to leave an event early about a month ago and wanted some pics of his daughter.
I emailed him through the following week and he just got back to me now.

I guess all good things ( finally ) come to those that wait.

From now on though I will be charging deposits to upload images just the same.

Comments

• Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    Glort wrote: »
    For those that have been following my online exploits or lack thereof, I thought I'd let you know I finally got my first online order!

3x A4 Bordered Prints.

Only took me about 10K uploaded images to manage it. As it turned out the order was from a parent that had to leave an event early about a month ago and wanted some pics of his daughter.
    I emailed him through the following week and he just got back to me now.

I guess all good things ( finally ) come to those that wait.

From now on though I will be charging deposits to upload images just the same.

Interesting. For your business model, if uploading is only for the convenience of those who request it, by all means ask for a deposit. it's your time!

Just got back from 10 days with the grand toddlers on the west coast so getting back into the groove of working again next week.mwink.gif I have one shoot tonight, but it's pre-booked and pre-paid, so that'll be great. Hope it stops raining! It's an indoor shoot at the horse arena, but when it rains and is overcast, the lighting sucks big time.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2011
    From what I have seen Snow, the lighting sucks at anytime at those indoor arena's.

I was asked to shoot in one the other week.... at Night.
    I have seen the place in the daylight, I didn't put much stock in it being brighter at night.
    When they bring in 250K ISO camera's, I thik it will be a great place to shoot.

rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Rocketman766Rocketman766 Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Congrats on getting the online order (finally). Knew it had to happen eventually! I do like the idea of the deposit... still following to see how it works out.

Lance.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2011
    Yes lance, It will be interesting for sure.
    I think it could go either way and neither outcome would surprise me.
    It's a few weeks till I have one of these events now so we'll all be in suspense a while longer!