Siblings

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited June 18, 2011 in People
Hadn't shot the kids inside in a while and had some nice light this afternoon. Grabbed the camera, lay on the floor, and shot a few frames. The one below, though not perfect (wish I had aimed a bit further to the left - this is cropped a bit), captures that magical connection between brother and sister.

i-Q3ZKH33-L.jpg

Comments

• cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    Cute shot indeed, Eyal. Yes, it would be "better" if he wasn't cut off, and the light hadn't blown out her foot so close to her head, and the plug wasn't in the background... But as a lovely memory of the kids interacting, it's beautiful. My daughter is still in the "climb all over and smother your baby brother" stage. I imagine as he gets older/bigger and can dish it back to her, we'll get a few more moments like this. Fun stuff!
    Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
    My site 365 Project
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    Thanks Cab.
    You forgot to mention that 'if it wasn't tilted and there wasn't a pole sticking out of her head' rolleyes1.gif
    I usually am bothered when I don't nail the basics but, in this case, the emotions captured trump the technical flaws (at least IMO).
    And, as for the smothering, it feels like just yesterday that I was shouting 'get off your sister' and 'get off your brother'....oh wait, that was yesterday!
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    Comparing the image with your avatar I'd say your daughter is the spittin' image of you! Nice capture of two really cute kids.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album