A (2) million dollar view

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited June 17, 2011 in Landscapes
We had the first nice, hot day in a while up here so I grabbed the gear and headed to the beach for ice cream :thumb
As I wandered around, I noticed a vantage point of Abbot Hall that I had not yet explored. Finished dessert, grabbed the tripod and 70-200 lens and went shooting. I'm torn as to the better processing here and would appreciate your thoughts.

i-j7cG7Bv-L.jpg

i-RdGMbwL-L.jpg

i-TCDhf8W-L.jpg

I had to look up these three homes on Zillow when I got back. They run $1.6-2.4 million :huh

Comments

• WiscoFrankWiscoFrank Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2011
    Wow, nice shots. I like the first & third ones. The first one has really nice saturation and the third one has nice clarity in the houses. The kayaks add a really nice foreground interest in the third image.

All three are very nice.
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    Thanks Frank...appreciate the kind words.
    The second is a 3-shot HDR. There wasn't that large of a dynamic range to warrant it but the processing brought out some added details in the trees. For some reason I was torn as to the better processing on this one.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    really love the light on 2nd and compo of 3rd... nice work
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited June 17, 2011
  • CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    Nice shots. My personal favorite is #3. For me, the extra details in the trees/rocks make the second image look a little bit too flat. Also love the composition of the 3rd; I think it tells the story of the scene a bit better than the tighter shots.

I understand your predicament though - at this point I've probably spent hours trying to decide how much shadow detail I want in various landscape shots. I usually way over-think it and get a headache rolleyes1.gif
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
    edited June 17, 2011
    CoryUT wrote: »
    I understand your predicament though - at this point I've probably spent hours trying to decide how much shadow detail I want in various landscape shots. I usually way over-think it and get a headache rolleyes1.gif

Thanks...and that's why I posted last night...was getting blurry-eyed going back and forth between the two rolleyes1.gif