Options

LR3 problem!

lilbillymakerlilbillymaker Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited June 17, 2011 in Finishing School
photo.jpg I just got Light Room a week ago, today I'm editing with my toddler on my hip when he lurches forward, gives the keyboard one good smack, and now a good chunk of my photos have red and blue blotches in the highlights and shadows. I hit "undo" about a hundred times but this stuff is all over a bunch of my photos. Please, please, please tell me that there is a way to undo this! I've got 2 sessions already edited and another half done, I was waiting to export them all at once and now I'm terrified I will have to delete them all and start over. I saved them on my memory card so I CAN if I HAVE to but I really don't want to have to....
someone please help!

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited June 17, 2011
    I moved this to Finishing School since it's a software issue.

Don't panic. What you are seeing is LR's way of warning you that highlights are blown (red) and shadows are plugged (blue). You must have accidentally turned the highlighting on. The colors are not in your pics. They are on the display as a aid to adjusting the develop settings. You can probably compensate for the blown highlights with the Recover slider and take care of the shadows with Fill or by lowering the black point a small amount. Or you could just leave it as is, if you like the way the shot looks. There is a way to turn off the warnings--I don't use LR, but in ACR you can just click on the little squares that appear on top of the histogram display. LR must have something similar.
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    the kid hit J key
    hit it again to turn off

with mouse
    click the arrows in histogram to turn on/off each separate
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    basflt wrote: »
    the kid hit J key
    hit it again to turn off

with mouse
    click the arrows in histogram to turn on/off each separate

And be sure you are in the Develop Module.
  • Options
    lilbillymakerlilbillymaker Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    basflt wrote: »
    the kid hit J key
    hit it again to turn off
    wings.gif Thank you all so much. I can't believe how simple it was!