Options

#79 Couple of ideas

kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Major grins
edited June 20, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Do either of these catch your eye for the challenge? Any feedback would be appreciated...thanks.
#1 Daisies
i-kWNWrSG-XL.jpg
#2 Turtle
i-K3Dfnbh-L.jpg
Kate
www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    Do either of these catch your eye for the challenge? Any feedback would be appreciated...thanks.
    #1 Daisies

#2 Turtle

#1, to me, is the perfect perspective on daisies. This is how my mind visualizes them when I think of them, even though we never see them this way. Awesome that you capture that.

#2, while not particularly striking to me, made me laugh immediately, so I like both of these.
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    Love them both for different reasons....and I agree with Sword and Scales that the daisies really do have the "essence" quality that can be so hard to get right.
  • Options
    SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    I like number 1, but with less sky, maybe 1/3 sky.
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    I like #1... #2 seems to be a bit over exposed. In any case... I'm always partial to daisies. :)
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    I agree with SimpsonBrothers - Liking #1, though a little less sky would frame the daisies better; but I love the soft focus matching the "daisy sensibility". GP
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. I wish I could CROP a bit : ) Maybe if the sun comes back out in the next week I can try re-shooting.
    Kate
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    Love #1, but I agree, less sky. It's sooo hard to stay away from the crop!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    Loving the daisies, but yes, could benefit from a tighter crop....definitely worth reshooting if the weather cooperates!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    I'm swimming with the salmon on this one. #1 is great as is, but if you can do a reshoot, a little less sky would turn this firecracker into dynamite... (I'm so ashamed at the corniness of that comment).
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. I wish I could CROP a bit : ) Maybe if the sun comes back out in the next week I can try re-shooting.

Why wait! Water droplets can really add to a photo. :D
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2011
    One more vote for #1 with a little less sky.
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2011
    I'm going to disagree with some of the above-- I love the huge open sky above the daisies. It makes the picture about the daisies's reach for the sun, rather than just some more flowers.
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2011
    MarkR wrote: »
    I'm going to disagree with some of the above-- I love the huge open sky above the daisies. It makes the picture about the daisies's reach for the sun, rather than just some more flowers.

What Mark said...
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    ghinson wrote: »
    What Mark said...

I third this. Is that grammatically correct? I DON'T CARE. AIN'T GOT TIME. :D
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    I also don't think there's too much sky in #1 - great, evocative image!

and that's one HUGE snapper! I'm not too fond of the blown out foreground, but it reminds me of the pet snapping turtle I used to have. We named him "Fluffy" and thought it was hilarous.
    edited June 20, 2011
    #1 for sure!

- Randy
    - Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
    Canon 7D and not enough L glass....
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited June 20, 2011
    I agree that #1 is lovely. If you reshoot you could try to get a little less sky but I do like seeing plenty of sky above the blossoms.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2011
    Wow, thanks everyone. I really appreciate the comments. I'll enter the daisies if I don't get a chance to get out again this week.
    Kate