Options

#79 Entries

Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited June 20, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here are some entries from travels to Israel in May, and Egypt in February, I hope you enjoy, please offer C&C!

1. IMG9242-XL.jpg

2. IMG0708-XL.jpg

3. IMG0542-XL.jpg

4. IMG9244-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    I really like #3 for the feel of the location. Also, you've captured a great expression in #1.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2011
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    I really like #3 for the feel of the location. Also, you've captured a great expression in #1.

Thanks a lot, kdo. #3 is one of my favorite shots ever, ever, so I'm glad I have some empathy from others!
  • Options
    Little TLittle T Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    I am also a fan of #3 good lighting, and i like the overall mood of the shot.
    http://jtrankler.smugmug.com
    jtrankler@gmail.com
    Canon 60D
    Tamron 28-75 2.8
    Canon 70-200 F4 L IS
  • Options
    DirquistDirquist Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    I dig #3 also, but it does look like the guy is afraid of getting his bike stolen lol.
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2011
    Dirquist wrote: »
    I dig #3 also, but it does look like the guy is afraid of getting his bike stolen lol.

Ha, you know, I didn't even notice how it was so close to him.

Personally, my favorite part of the picture is the shoes on the ground. You know someone has no more commitments to the day when they've removed their shoes and laid down on a park bench on the coast of Tel Aviv.
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    They're all great. I think my favorites are 4, 3, 1, and 2 in that order. They are all well done and tell a story.

If you took these in February and May they aren't eligible for the contest, however. Has to be a fresh (e.g. shot after the start of this contest round) image to be eligible.
    edited June 17, 2011
    red_zone wrote: »
    They're all great. I think my favorites are 4, 3, 1, and 2 in that order. They are all well done and tell a story.

If you took these in February and May they aren't eligible for the contest, however. Has to be a fresh (e.g. shot after the start of this contest round) image to be eligible.

Oh, crap, haha, I took fresh as an entirely different meaning, and didn't read thoroughly enough. Fail.

Oh well, I'll just leave these here, please do not consider them for the contest.
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2011
    Haha, I completely messed up on this contest. I didn't realize it was SOOC either. Probably, because I didn't know what SOOC meant. Now I know. Time to find something awesome to shoot.
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Oh well... live and learn, eh?

Despite the "fresh" and "SOOC" confusion they are wonderful pictures. Each stands on it's own as a strong story and composition. FWIW, I'd say 3, 4, 1, 2.
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2011
    billseye wrote: »
    Oh well... live and learn, eh?

Despite the "fresh" and "SOOC" confusion they are wonderful pictures. Each stands on it's own as a strong story and composition. FWIW, I'd say 3, 4, 1, 2.

This is very flattering, thanks billseye.
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    I agree that they are all wonderful pictures!
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited June 20, 2011
    billseye wrote: »

15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2011
    I've never gotten so much feedback on DGrin, much less for a bunch of inappropriately placed pictures. Thanks folks.