Where are product details

OneMrEdOneMrEd Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited June 19, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
When a potential buyer selects the buy button there are many products that can potentially show up (glossy prints, canvas, mounted, etc.). I fully understand how to control which products show up but what I've yet to find are product details. What if I am a potential buyer and I want to learn more about what exactly is a mounted print. There appear to be no hyperlinks that allow me to drill down to additional information (from within the cart) about the products.

This seems a very serious oversight or I'm I missing something?

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited June 18, 2011
    Are you asking about descriptions from within the cart?

If you click on a product in the cart, a description pops up under the thumbnail. There is a "more info" hyperlink in that description that opens another page containing the product description.
    i-7qGDMQT-L.jpg

i-h4GZDkT-L.jpg
    You could also reference smug's prints and gifts pages on your site: --- Denise
  • OneMrEdOneMrEd Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    Thanks Denise. The issue that I have is that the information you are referring to is only available to a SmugMug member logged in. Visitors don't see that information and they are the ones that need to see it the most.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited June 18, 2011
    OneMrEd wrote: »
    Thanks Denise. The issue that I have is that the information you are referring to is only available to a SmugMug member logged in. Visitors don't see that information and they are the ones that need to see it the most.
    That's not entirely true. The screen shots that I included above are from a browser where I wasn't logged in. The links aren't there for "regular" prints, but they are there for other items. The example I included above was for a metal print. The links also show for merchandise, canvas prints.

--- Denise
    edited June 19, 2011
    I don't get that link at all when I'm not logged in. I don't know how you posted a screen shot but her is a link to my gallery.
    http://edcrawford.smugmug.com/Dance/Elite-Feet-Dress-Rehearsal/17481642_pzzvG2#1330546036_kXbgWgb
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2011
    I don't get that link at all when I'm not logged in. I don't know how you posted a screen shot but her is a link to my gallery.
    http://edcrawford.smugmug.com/Dance/Elite-Feet-Dress-Rehearsal/17481642_pzzvG2#1330546036_kXbgWgb

When I view your gallery, click on Buy and then select a product the descriptions show just as they are supposed to. If you have Snag-It or Snipping Tool you can capture a screenshot and show us what you are seeing.
    edited June 19, 2011
    I just figured it out with the help of SmugMug support (and everyone's help above). Some items offer additional details through a "more info" link and some do not. I kept using ones that did not.
    Mark, I have SnagIt but whenever i insert the picture the forum says my text in the post is to long. Actually, the ability to post a picture via email is how SmugMug help figured my issue out. How do you get a screenshot in your post?
    edited June 19, 2011
    Just testing the insert image feature
  • Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2011
    Use the add photo button in the reply dialog. You need to have the photo hosted somewhere so that you have a URL for it, you can't upload a photo to dgrin. I have a gallery for random stuff I want to post to a message. This is how I posted the image of the watch below. The watch image is from one of my smugmug galleries.

smugpic-L.png

1172100195_PmBmt-L.jpg
    I just figured it out with the help of SmugMug support (and everyone's help above). Some items offer additional details through a "more info" link and some do not. I kept using ones that did not.
    Mark, I have SnagIt but whenever i insert the picture the forum says my text in the post is to long. Actually, the ability to post a picture via email is how SmugMug help figured my issue out. How do you get a screenshot in your post?
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2011
    Dan7312 wrote: »
    Use the add photo button in the reply dialog. You need to have the photo hosted somewhere so that you have a URL for it, you can't upload a photo to dgrin. I have a gallery for random stuff I want to post to a message. This is how I posted the image of the watch below. The watch image is from one of my smugmug galleries.

smugpic-L.png

1172100195_PmBmt-L.jpg

What Dan said.mwink.gif