Options

Greenscreen Software and Backdrops

GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
edited June 27, 2011 in Technique
Dipping my toe in the Chromakey arena for event work so i need something fast and Automatic, IE, not PS. Just wondering what others have found to be fast and effective and would reccomend?

Also wondering if anyone knows a good source of backgrounds?
I am interested in archetectural styles that are realistic as well as some scenics.

Is there anywhere that offers free Backgrounds for testing and practicing with or even practical use?

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    Hi GLORT,
    I use Keylight:

KEYLIGHT is available for the following platforms:
    As far as Bg's I use CGI textures. Mayangs free textures also comes to mind. I'd be interested to see/hear about fast easy automagic keying too.
    tom wise
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    Over the years I have heard good things about Fluid Mask......I believe it is upto version 3 now may be higher.....it seems Onone had a good Masking program also.....both are for making quick disposal of BG's almost effortless..............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions. Gave em a good starting point and I managed to fins some backgrounds to play with.

I ended up getting a copy of Photokey Pro 4 and am quite happy with it so far. i went to the local hardware, picked a colour that looked close to the pure green of the backgrounds and came back and printed the back of a reflector board with it and did some tests.

Very Happy!

Even though I knew I was doing a bunch of things wrong, the software pulled the test shots easily and precisely and I had no problem pasting them easily. the controls for scale, and tonal range are especialy useful for making the shots look realistic but there is a heap of other controls I'm sure will be excellent when I get to learning them.

I'd be more than confident and shoot an event with this tomorrow after just one test. The only issue I seem to be having is when printing from the software direct, the prints come out too large on the paper. I thought it may be the fact i am setting the canvas size to 300 DPI and the printer is outputting at less but that doesn't seem to change anything unless I have done some setting wrong. Just saving the finished pic and printing it in the printer software works fine. I think i'll just create a hot folder and have anything that is saved go there and print automatically.

I have my sons birthday coming up in a few weeks so I'm going to give it a try there and get some more practice a week later at my Nice's 21St. As its a theme party, should be an interesting test and opportunity to measure response.