Mountainside Saguaro

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited June 20, 2011 in Landscapes
Yet another desert shot and lots of saguaro - :D. This was taken from a small boat so it probably isn't as sharp as it should be. C&C is always appreciated.

DSC4299a-X2.jpg

Comments

• karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2011
    This is a very interesting subject matter and I can see why you felt compelled to take a picture of it. As you probably realize, the light could be much better. Though better light likely means darker conditions and couple that with shooting from a boat and I'd say you did a good job with a difficult shooting situation. That said, the light in this one just doesn't help bring the image together.

Is there a way to get to this view without the assistance of a boat? It's a fantastic setting...
  • red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    I dunno - I have to disagree with Karl about the light - it looks pretty low on the horizon, which is the best for making the ribs stand out. If I were to do this shot, I think I'd try to get the foreground cacti closer and look further straight up the hill, and do an upright shot, so you get the diminishing cacuts as the hills go up into the distance. Either that, or include some lake with the upright crop for a similar effect.

Neat photo!
    Lovely shot thumb.gif
    Michael