Refurb 7Ds for $1359

bbjonesbbjones Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
edited June 27, 2011 in Cameras
Hi friends,

I've been saving my pennies, and Canon just helped out. They are selling refurbished 7Ds for $1359 right now -- probably won't last long.

http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_260463_-1

That's $500 less than the Adorama price for a new one! Plus, it seems the new ones are in short supply. I read some stuff that says you can get a 20% loyalty discount if you send in a broken Canon camera of any kind, but I didn't delve into it. I'd have to find a camera to break. :)

I ordered mine, and it went through. They aren't quoting me a delivery date yet, so I'm still worried it won't come true, but there's hope.

It's worth checking out, if you've been thinking of getting the 7D.
The goal of my photography is is the effective, original communication of a feeling expressing truth, beauty, or love.

www.photographyjones.com

Comments

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    You can find some very good deals at that Canon refurb site thumb.gif
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2011
    bbjones wrote: »
    Hi friends,

I've been saving my pennies, and Canon just helped out. They are selling refurbished 7Ds for $1359 right now -- probably won't last long.

http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_260463_-1

That's $500 less than the Adorama price for a new one! Plus, it seems the new ones are in short supply. I read some stuff that says you can get a 20% loyalty discount if you send in a broken Canon camera of any kind, but I didn't delve into it. I'd have to find a camera to break. :)

I ordered mine, and it went through. They aren't quoting me a delivery date yet, so I'm still worried it won't come true, but there's hope.

you can get a refurbished 7D with warranty for less through the Canon "loyalty program"
  • r9jacksonr9jackson Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    Got mine today
    bbjones wrote: »
    Hi friends,

I called Canon and they told me these units are generally overstocks and are run through diagnostics. Mine did not have a manual, but looks to be pristine and includes all accessories. It has a 90 day warranty. As far as I can tell these are not used and then refurbished. Looks like a better deal than an EBay purchase. Oops, I did get a manual, it was tucked in with some of the other parts. Everything looks new to me.
  • bbjonesbbjones Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    r9jackson wrote: »
    I called Canon and they told me these units are generally overstocks and are run through diagnostics. Mine did not have a manual, but looks to be pristine and includes all accessories. It has a 90 day warranty. As far as I can tell these are not used and then refurbished. Looks like a better deal than an EBay purchase. Oops, I did get a manual, it was tucked in with some of the other parts. Everything looks new to me.

Just got mine today, and I agree with what you said. If I didn't know it was a refurb, I wouldn't be able to tell.

Now, I gotta sit down and spend some quality time with that manual... mwink.gif
    The goal of my photography is is the effective, original communication of a feeling expressing truth, beauty, or love.

www.photographyjones.com