Options

DSS#79...Round 2-any of these worth pursuing?

ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
edited June 25, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here are some from yesterdays shooting attempts....
I personally really like these, but not sure which angle works best, plus people either love or hate cats, so it may not be the best subject matter for voting purposes:D
Would love to hear your thoughts, good or bad! TIA!

1. Cat Nap
i-pD7fVvT-M.jpg

2. Cat Nap
i-5NCTGT4-M.jpg

3. Cat Nap
i-MGJhRqS-M.jpg

4. Cat Nap
i-xxJ9d8J-M.jpg
Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2011
    I like the back legs sticking out through the bench's arm but seem to like the composition in #2 better. Plus, to me, the grain and texture of the wood shows up better in #2. So, imho #2 is the best of these.
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2011
    dlscott56 wrote: »
    I like the back legs sticking out through the bench's arm but seem to like the composition in #2 better. Plus, to me, the grain and texture of the wood shows up better in #2. So, imho #2 is the best of these.

My thoughts too Dave, I really love that leg sticking out!, he was so relaxed, but with every click I feared he would wake up, so I may have blown my chance for a better comp on that one, oh well! Thanks so much for the feedback!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,945 moderator
    edited June 20, 2011
    dlscott56 wrote: »

15524779-Ti.gif And while I'm somewhat allergic to cats, it doesn't keep me from appreciating photos of them! :D
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    I'm drawn to #1 because of the context - that angle makes the chair seem more chair-like, and I like the back legs sticking out! You do lose some of the texture on the wood, which reminds me of big fingerprints...
    edited June 20, 2011
    I prefer #2 as a better balance of cat and chair. GP
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2011
    red_zone wrote: »
    I'm drawn to #1 because of the context - that angle makes the chair seem more chair-like, and I like the back legs sticking out! You do lose some of the texture on the wood, which reminds me of big fingerprints...

Thank you, I just wish I had gotten a little more to the left when I shot this, so there wasn't so much dead space on the left, arghhhh!
    GretaPics wrote: »
    I prefer #2 as a better balance of cat and chair. GP

Agreed, thanks GP!
    Karin

• Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    Nice, but I would really stay with your daughter's portrait (even with the shirt she was wearing) :)
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,945 moderator
    edited June 21, 2011
    15524779-Ti.gif that the photo of your daughter is your strongest entry even though I like the cat nap series.
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2011
    Nice, but I would really stay with your daughter's portrait (even with the shirt she was wearing) :)
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif that the photo of your daughter is your strongest entry even though I like the cat nap series.

Thanks for your honesty!
    In my quest to shoot something new everyday, I seem to be failing:cry,darn kids, don't they know I have a hobby to keep up with:D
    So, unless I can find time today or tomorrow, at least I feel good about having something worthy of entering.
    Thanks aagain!
    Karin

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    I love that back foot and the perfectly matched front paws in #1 (beautiful cat, too!). Nice job SOOC! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2011
    divamum wrote: »
    I love that back foot and the perfectly matched front paws in #1 (beautiful cat, too!). Nice job SOOC! thumb.gif

Thanks Divamum!
    Karin

• Options
    MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    I like the angle of # 1 and size of # 2