Sarah, on the water.

OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
edited October 10, 2005 in People
One of the shots I really like from today's shoot. She's an aspiring model who drove HERE to have shots by ME (wow, how flattering!). We did three looks, but I think this is my favorite shot of her.

sarah1-vi.jpg

This was the 17,000th post in this forum. Wow!

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2005
    I'd like to get closer to her. I mean, I'd like it if the camera or the crop got me closer to her.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2005
    Nice shot!
    On a sour side (I hope you don't mind), the tree it TOO diagonal, 45 degrees.. I feel like I'm in geometry classne_nau.gif

And PLEASE tell your model is she's ever in LA she'd get another prime-class treatment from the local photographers :): We're less than 40 min from LAX:-)

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2005
    David: Why? headscratch.gif

Thanks for the comment, though!

Nik: Haha! :P
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    you've done better.

The main problem I have with this shot is the super scenery. If you took the model out of the shot I'd really like it (is that too harsh?)

As someone else said, it's down to cropping, but thinking about it bluring the b/g would probably be better.
    Owen wrote:
    One of the shots I really like from today's shoot. She's an aspiring model who drove HERE to have shots by ME (wow, how flattering!). We did three looks, but I think this is my favorite shot of her.

This was the 17,000th post in this forum. Wow!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    Can we see some others from the shoot?

Something about this pose just doesn't seem right to me. It looks too uncomfortable and unnatural. I think Nik is right, the tree is just too diagonal. I find myself tilting my head just to get a good look at her face.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    Unnatural? It's fashion. yelrotflmao.gif

sarahtree-vi.jpg