Retro-styled shoot at Fort Jackson

reese.leblancreese.leblanc Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
edited June 28, 2011 in People
I got a few local models together yesterday to do something a little different for me, and these are some of the shots we came away with. The worst part of the day was that due to unforseen issues, we ended up starting at noon. Sigh...

Comments and criticisms appreciated!

1) VintageFtJackson-56-M.jpg

2) VintageFtJackson-57-M.jpg

3) VintageFtJackson-2-M.jpg

4) VintageFtJackson-58-M.jpg

Comments

• littlebayzombielittlebayzombie Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    #4 for me! Gorgeous.
    ♥ Jenifer
    I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building. - Charles M. Schulz
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Love 3 & 4.
  • BrucheBruche Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Number 4 is stunning...

R/
    Bruce
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    It is possible to get good shots at noon if the light and background are managed.
    In 1 the background is very distracting and the light is not working for you.
    2 is a bit better. Looks like you were fighting full sun and blown out shirt, if people's hands are cut off do it further up just below the elbow. I like the effort the girl is putting into her pose in that shot.
    3 is a good shot. Looks like there was some fill flash used or reflector from the left, there is light fall off across the frame. Could have used the clone tool to soften some of the harsh shadow lines. This is a nice photo.
    4 the background looks blown, poor choice of background. The shadows and light are not working together in this one and there are some blown areas. The model looks amazing and she is well made up, do you have any other shots of her.

This critique is meant to be constructive in nature...looks like you put a lot of effort into the shoot and trying to help you out for next time.

Really, if the shoot can't happen in good light....better to reschedule it if possible.
  • reese.leblancreese.leblanc Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Thank you for the input guys. Zoomer, get out of my thread if you aren't going to simply tell me how good they are! LMAO. Seriously, thank you for your thoughts! In response to you:

1) I understand what you mean about the background. I'm thinking about going back to color to see how that works out for me.

2) I'll try recropping up a bit and see what happens.

3) I'll see what I can do about softening those shadows.

4) The background is actually a Huey helicopter. The nose is grey and from her neck on up, you're seeing the windscreen. It's not blown out, so much as not very distinct in the first place.

I do have more shots of her. I'll post more after I get the rest processed.

Thanks again for the help!

Reese
    edited June 24, 2011
    Zoomer,

Here are a couple more shots of the young lady in the first post.

Surprise!
    VintageFtJackson-95-L.jpg

Candid
    VintageFtJackson-96-L.jpg

Alluring
    VintageFtJackson-31-L.jpg

Enjoy!

Reese
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    I have been ALLURED!!!!!!
    edited June 28, 2011
    Laughing.gif, Charles! I'll pass the compliments on to the young lady.

An additional shot (my niece), and the full gallery link to follow:

VintageFtJackson-12-M.jpg

Gallery: http://www.relephotography.com/PinUpandVintage/Ft-Jackson-1/17626139_NmXVPr