Options

P-51 Mustang...

rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
edited June 20, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I have really been enjoying my Nikon D7000. Last week I picked up one the the new 50mm f/1.8G lenses and used that along with a Sony closeup lens to come up with this photo. Hope you like it. This is one of favorite old birds as I am sure it is for a lot of you also. Here the P-51 has just come in for a low pass.

Ron

P51-in-Flight-X2.jpg
"The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95

Comments

• Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Thats an interesting perspective and a good shot. What scale was the model plane?
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    That's a neat idea and you did a good job of executing the shot.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    It looks like 1/5th. scale.
    Nice shot.!!!!!!!!!!!clap.gif
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Cool shot, it's a little hard to figure out what exactly we're looking at here... it's an interesting angle and a neat plane, but at first I was thinking that it looks like a die-cast 1/250 model that you blurred the propellers on using photoshop... then that funny 'exhaust' port under the tail structure looks like some of the 1/150 styrofoam/plastic planes that shoot off of a spring loaded pole. Still, if that's the case, you nailed the focus and exposure on it! But, there's still something funny happening with the propeller (top of the motor cowling is blurred with the prop that's pointing up)!
    edited June 20, 2011
    This is what I started with.
    DSC5082-XL.jpg

When I posted this, I saw a couple places that I could have been a bit more careful with and the blurred engine cowling is definitely one of the places. I did this pretty fast. I need to go back and fix those areas that should not be blurred! The actual plane is a small die cast model that is no more than 3 inches long. I was just having some fun:D.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95